Peugeot 206cc airbag light on

Electrical 206CC problems
markallanwainwright

Re: Peugeot 206cc airbag light on

Post by markallanwainwright »

Update Col.....BBA can only reset unit if airbag has been deployed. Spoke to a clued up guy from DSMC salvage, it was him that supplied my replacement unit. He thinks as two units have blown he suspects there is a live fault on car which needs to be traced before fitting another unit. Any clues as to what things I should be looking at and does anyone know of a good mobile auto electrician in Romford, Essex area?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

You really need a code reader now. It could be anything from a crash sensor, to a seatbelt stalk. If you can come back with fault codes we can assist.
BBA should be able to tell you if there was stored crash data in the unit
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

markallanwainwright

The guy that diagnosed the fault tells me "111 disarming of the passenger airbag switch 64 van network".

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

The fault is in that circuit in that case. Check the keyswitch and the wiring between it and the airbag ECU.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

markallanwainwright

Thanks Col, auto electrian will check it out on Tue, will let you know how it goes.

markallanwainwright

Just had another mobile elec looking into problem. He's pretty sure it's not the airbag unit. Suggested I change the passenger airbag switch. If it still has issues after that he says it's a big job to trace the fault...."Something is not communicating with some thing else"? The wiring from switch to unit is good.

markallanwainwright

Just changed the pass airbag switch but still having all the same issues. Tech says he'll have to check all wiring, could be a half hour job or a ten hour job, depends on how lucky he is finding the fault. I think I'd be happy forking out £150 to get it sorted, but obviously he can't quote that price. Other than that I'll have to sell as seen for a cheap price. I can't believe a car that's only done 23k miles could be such a problem.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

markallanwainwright wrote:I can't believe a car that's only done 23k miles could be such a problem.
A) it's a Peugeot :lol:

B) it's old enough to have been messed around with .. a lot of people refuse to pay out to have the jobs done properly so it gets bodged and sold on .. :no:
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

markallanwainwright wrote:Just changed the pass airbag switch but still having all the same issues. Tech says he'll have to check all wiring, could be a half hour job or a ten hour job, depends on how lucky he is finding the fault. I think I'd be happy forking out £150 to get it sorted, but obviously he can't quote that price. Other than that I'll have to sell as seen for a cheap price. I can't believe a car that's only done 23k miles could be such a problem.
As I said above, check the switch AND wiring. You've changed the switch, you now need to trace wires to airbag ECU and check them out.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

markallanwainwright

Yes Col, wiring was checked between switch and unit, no fault Found.

markallanwainwright

Still have the same problems but today I learned that at some point the car may have been started by using jumper cables, would this have buggered it up?

markallanwainwright

Been a while since I posted about airbag issue. In the end my diagnostics guy bought the car, and fault from me for a couple of hundred quid as he couldn't give a price on how much he would charge to fix it, "depends how long it takes to trace fault". Anyway, he recons he found the problem after 8hrs of work (would be £65 per hour), it was something to do with a unit in the indicator stalk. He now ends up with a fully functional mint condition car and I end up with the £250 I spent out on it. Thought I'd share that with you as "indicator stalk" never showed up as fault on diagnostic test.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Thanks for the update. That is the comm2000 unit you are talking about
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)