Microswitch roof - shelf

All your roof problems here.
vanders

Microswitch roof - shelf

Post by vanders »

Goodevening,

Have a 206 cc here with some issues, clutch, missing parts, and the roof not working, it moved 3 times, after that the beep when you pull or press the switch,

Windows only opens with the 2 ( left and right ) switches.

Checked the microswitches, and the wiring, and found out that one on the shelf ( black, blue wire ) stays open, question is: is the switch normally open or closed ?
after simulating closed or open contact the roof still not worked, but this can happen that the car is not moving, not receiving information from the speedsensor. ( first have to fix the clutch )

And where to buy this microswitches?, ( peugeot does not sell this one single, only the complete shelf!! for that money you can buy a complete car..

See picture,

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IanL

Re: Microswitch roof - shelf

Post by IanL »

I suggest a car breaker for the switches.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Try RS components
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

vanders

Post by vanders »

Problem solved, after moving / stopping the car the roof works, the mentioned switch have in closed situation a +/- 2 k,ohm resistence, strange becouse all the other switches go,s to 0 ohm, ( looks like a build in resistor, but don,t think so, either a bad contact )

But anyway the roof works with this switch..

the clutch problem was only the bearing, but i changed the clutch completely, and the seal on the gearbox, as the bush was damaged caused by the broken bearing..

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Well done and thanks for the feedback
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Timboh81

Post by Timboh81 »

What is this about having to move the car for the roof to work I've read it a couple of times now.?? I might be looking for a problem that doesn't exist.