passenger side leak, from Heater?...

Any problems assoicated with leaks
Vittorio

Re: passenger side leak, from Heater?...

Post by Vittorio »

I have just replaced my heater matrix because it was leaking. There is also a great video on youtube which helped - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMHAGK2PsXM&t=990s

I have a 206cc 2.0L and thankfully on this model you can get to the 2 pipes in the engine bay without removing the battery or the air filter pipe - which made it a little easier. My matrix (which I think was the 19 yr old original) only had 1 bolt connecting it to the 2 pipes - so I am surprised it hasn't leaked before - I have fitted all 3 bolts so fingers crossed the seal will be stronger! The trouble I have with the 206 is that white coolant bottle makes it really difficult to see the coolant level inside.

IanL

Post by IanL »

I switch off the garage illumination, and hold an LED torch as far behind the bottle as I can manage. Then move my head up and down till I can just see the level.

Just thought, it might work better with one of those flat LED lamps you get on EBay with wooly hats.

Vittorio

Post by Vittorio »

Thanks - I have tried this at dusk with a small led head torch and it really did help identify the coolant level.