Mixture of usual issues......

All your roof problems here.
j2112

Re: Mixture of usual issues......

Post by j2112 »

Car isn't being driven currently, so I don't know about the speedo - I'll try to take it out later.
Another question - following manual operation how do you get the boot to lock properly? In the video, it doesn't say! It tells you to adjust the pins for manual operation (at which point the cover is not locked, but still loose) and tighten the hydraulics. Then to reset the pins. However the cover is still loose at this point and I can't see how to get it to clip closed?

j2112

Post by j2112 »

What's the relevance of the speedo?

j2112

Post by j2112 »

What's the relevance of the speedo?
Oh, and would a BSI reset override any issues?

j2112

Post by j2112 »

Well a reset didn't help, and there's no indication of anything happening when I try to complete the Manila close procedure.

j2112

Post by j2112 »

Can the roof be opened manually? Maybe this would help reset it. Maybe not?!

Slo

Post by Slo »

If the ecu is disabled the only way to enable it again is with pp2000 a generic code reader cant access it. Iasked about the speedo as the roof ecu monitors it so you cant open it while the cars moving faster than 8mph, note pulling the handbrake has no effect on the roof.

I found out all this with my car when i first got it, my speedo didnt work as the drive in the diff housing was bolloxed.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

j2112

Post by j2112 »

Ok mate, thank you.
The roof was previously working, whilst still parked on the drive, but suddenly didn't. Car was up on rear ramps so may have disturbed something.
Kicking myself even more now as I went through the manual boot procedure to see if that would reset the boot locking etc, but as nothing is working the cover is still in manual mode and therefore not closed properly, which prevents anything else with its constant beeping.
Aaaaargh!!!

j2112

Post by j2112 »

Think I might have found someone locally who has PP2000 so need to get this exhaust fitted asap and get the car over to him.
It's going to beep the whole way though isn't it, with the boot cover unlocked :facepalm: :censored:

IanL

Post by IanL »

On Page 118 of my copy of the Handbook, it tells you how to operate the white pins to secure the boot lid.

If you don't have a handbook, go to http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and select language, car and year.

j2112

Post by j2112 »

It's secure at the boot end, but the tabs on the front end of the cover won't lock in place. If that makes sense? Consequently I expect that this will cause the beeping!

Slo

Post by Slo »

There's a way to force it shut, open up that cover that the pump is sat in. At the back you can see the two relays the left one is to open, right one is to close. Pull the cover off the relay on the right and manually operate the relay, ie close it. The pump will come on and push the boot lid shut, make sure you have got those hooks in the normal position so its able to lock in position.

This worked for me numerous times and will ensure everything is the end of its travel, so if you still have problems you've got a dodgy switch, its usually those 3 on the black frame in the boot.

j2112

Post by j2112 »

Wow, really? Might just look into that on this occasion - might make things a little easier.
I'll do a bit of digging and try to suss out these relays you're talking about.
Thank you.

Slo

Post by Slo »

Picture shamefully stolen from ebay for reference :lol:

You might have to remove the relay first to remove the cover then push the guts back into the holder, they aren't sealed like relays usually are the covers are somewhat flimsy.

Of course make sure your hydraulic tap is tightened before you try this or it'll just be pumping nothing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

j2112

Post by j2112 »

Just 'stole' a pic from the video and was going to post up, so thank you.
Sounds involved, but might be worth it.

Slo

Post by Slo »

Its easy peasy and will surprise you when you hear the pump go.

Hardest part is getting to the damn thing under that bloody black plastic/fabric crap :mad: