Devil WRC

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

I recall that Lyndon and a few others have fitted a Devil WRC exhaust. I'm told they're not noisy but purr at about 4000 RPM. Aside from the asthetics of the new tail pipe and the sound, has anyone noticed any performance benefit?
Cheers

Frosty

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

nah mines just a janspeed back box as fitted by the monkeys b4 i picked up the CC, it's from a peugeot brochure called 'sporty little numbers' not sure if it adds anything, powerwise but sure sounds purring :grin:
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

Frosty

Post by Frosty »

It'll cost me around 180 Pounds (A$600) for the purr and the look. Do you think it's worth it or should I take a cld shower and wake up to reality?
Cheers

Frosty

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

go for it you know it makes sense :grin:

keep the old exhaust to put back if u sell your CC (heaven forbid) :lol:
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

gringo_steve

Post by gringo_steve »

The exhaust I got from devil had a sticker on it saying 'not for road use'. I got the louder of thw two - dunno if it is the WRC or not though.

Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Will have to look into this. I'm told it's legal and isn't noisy until you hit 4000 and then it purrs. Will post here with my findings.
Cheers

Frosty

Sam1974

Post by Sam1974 »

Hi

I have had both versions of the Devil exhaust that is available for the 206, the quiter one supplied by Pug and currently the louder version supplied from Devil (same as Steve).

As far as performance benefit, I can't comment on the louder version I currently have, as my CC does seem to pick up better but as my CC is only 2 months old this may be down to the engine loosening up. I also fitted the K&N pannel filter at the same time, and I think that has a better benefit for performance than the exhaust does.

But when I fitted the quiter version of this exhaust to my last 206 it did seem to pick up better but only a little bit.

Quiter version part number 50284
Louder version part number 50289

Im not sure if either of these are the "WRC" model but when I placed the order they told me if I went for a whole system (cat bypass etc) this would be same as the WRC model, so maybe this is what is meant by WRC. But as you cant replace much else of the CC exhaust system it was pretty useless telling me this.

Regards

Sam

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sam1974 on 2002-07-23 11:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sam1974 on 2002-07-23 11:34 ]</font>
Cheers

Sam