New owner of a Peugeot 206 cc

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
lobinha

New owner of a Peugeot 206 cc

Post by lobinha »

Hi, I just got my Peugeot 206 cc yesterday and I'm in love. The person selling didn't had the handbook of the book, and even tho he showed me how roof works and everything today I was sacred to open the roof just in case it then doesn't closes it. Silly isn't it? If it was the case, is there an easy option to close the roof manually? Please bear in mind this is my first ever car, so I'm all new to cars. :wave:
Peugeot 206 cc silver
1.6 l
manual petrol

neil0804

Re: New owner of a Peugeot 206 cc

Post by neil0804 »

:wave: Hi welcome. There's a few video's on youtube on how to put the roof back to the closed position :thumbs: OR google search for peugeot 206cc owners handbook. Download and read to your hearts content. :big-grin:
If it ain't broke, leave the thing alone!
2010 Peugeot 3008 Exclusive 2.0Hdi.
2001 Y plate 2.0i 206 cc SE.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

You can download the manual from our forum. BTW, only do it manually as a last resort!
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Owners manual here http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/downloads/handbook.pdf

Follow the instructions precisely. Always have the engine running and don't switch the engine off. Don't touch anything while the roof operation is in progress, and NEVER switch off the ignition until it has completed opening or closing and the chime has sounded. Always keep it going one way. Don't switch directions mid-operation.

My wife undid her seatbelt once when I was opening the roof. That interrupted the process and stopped it. I had the presence of mind to just release the roof switch then operate it again in the same direction. It then completed opening - phew! Scary.

If you want to clean the inside of the rear window don't stop the roof halfway. Open the roof completely then clean the window by opening the boot. Easy peasy.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the car. Hope it has full service history. Has the timing belt been renewed yet?
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

lobinha

Post by lobinha »

Thank you very much for your help. It's a scary thought driving on my own as for a few months been driving with instructor. Thanks again
Peugeot 206 cc silver
1.6 l
manual petrol