Spare key !

Anything related to the 206CC
Tazio

Spare key !

Post by Tazio »

Hello there
Just purchased a 1996 206cc for my girlfriend but no spare key .. what is the process for getting one and where is the best place i assume it will need to be coded up ?.
Thanks James

GrandadMonkey

Re: Spare key !

Post by GrandadMonkey »

It won't be a 1996 car.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

mark farrier

Post by mark farrier »

Timpsons cut me a spare. £70.
This was key only.
Remote fob main dealer best bet..but there are a few in Yellow pages who provide this service.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Good luck if you want a remote one ... you'll probably have to go to the dealer and I don't think they do the early ones now.

You could try fleabay but you have to get the same circuit board as the one you have, get a new immobiliser chip and then get it programmed to work on your car with PP2000.

Timpson's will only cut key blanks now that they supply ... but a lot of the high street security shops are offering this service now ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

oggy30

Post by oggy30 »

I got a new fob & blade done at timpsons. They guy first said it'll cost £45 then his boss came out & said "no" it's £25!!! I'm no expert but £70 seems outrageous. Try phoning them & ask for a price to cut the blade only, maybe call 2 of em?
206 cc 1.6 16v black 02 plate. Aka-cheeky charlie.

mark farrier

Post by mark farrier »

Timpsons charged me £70. Was £90 but as it took them so long to program the key ( I don't think
they had done that many) they knocked off £20. I thought it a fair price....dread to think what a
main dealer would charge !!
They couldn't provide fob/remote.
How did they program the fob/remote for you ?
What branch was it in Swansea....I'm down that way every few months to see my mother.

oggy30

Post by oggy30 »

it was sainsburys, which has a timpsons in house. I honestly think they cocked up on the whole thing. BUT I didn't need to reprogram a new fob as I had the old board already.
206 cc 1.6 16v black 02 plate. Aka-cheeky charlie.