Another roof not working thread! Anyone with diags?

All your roof problems here.
richb63

Another roof not working thread! Anyone with diags?

Post by richb63 »

Hi all

Posting on behalf of my wife who is having a problem with her Peugeot 206 CC roof not opening.

For info this is a Peugeot 206 CC 1.6 HDI (Allure) 2007 model.

When you undo the door catches you hear a 'bong' however when trying to roof button / leaver all you hear is continuous beeping. This also happens if you try the window switches (but only with the door catches undone).

I have made sure the boot shelf is across and seated on the micro switch (seems to click ok). Also checked the boot catch micro switch which appears to be clicking with no issues. Have also checked all fuses.

I'm at a loss on what to check next, it could be a faulty micro switch / boot ECU. I'm very willing to travel to anyone who has the Peugeot Planet software to hopefully locate the issue. We are based in Salisbury / Southampton area but happy to travel!

Very grateful for any replies / advice.

Cheers

Richard

Capncol

Re: Another roof not working thread! Anyone with diags?

Post by Capncol »

Hi Richard. I will be on the Hamble next weekend if that's any good.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

richb63

Post by richb63 »

Hi Col

Thanks for the quick reply, that would be great. I can work around any time that suits you, Hamble is quick drive down the M27.

Cheers

Richard

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I will PM you my number.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

richb63

Post by richb63 »

Thanks, tried to reply but new to the forum so need to wait / post. Shall I give you a call on Saturday morning to arrange time and location? Thanks again for this, the roof has been fine for the last 3 years but since a few weeks ago it's refusing to work!

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I will be in the Hamble area from Fri afternoon for most of the rest of the week. If I don't answer, please leave a voicemail and I will call you back.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

richb63

Post by richb63 »

Brilliant, will give you a call on Saturday (not too early) and hopefully meet up, very much appreciated!

Richard

Jollyjack

Post by Jollyjack »

Very interesting post....did you manage to solve the problem? If so would you kindly advise so that I can get my roof down, it has the same problems...grateful thanks

richb63

Post by richb63 »

Hi JollyJack, I'm hopefully meeting with capncol on the weekend to run some diagnostics. Will post back to let you know if the issue can be found.

tashawxm2014

Post by tashawxm2014 »

Same issue, did u manage to solve the problem? I open roof catches get the "bong" windows go down, motor on roof kicks in for a few seconds the the beeping starts...any ideas?

richb63

Post by richb63 »

Hi

Turns out it was corroded connectors in the engine bay, causing the car to think it was moving! Car is currently with the mechanic so will ask which one. If your roof motor running this sounds like a different issue. Peugeot diagnostic should be able to find the problem.

CWI

Post by CWI »

HI

did you manage to solve the problem? If so would you kindly advise so that I can get my roof down, it has the same problems
When I undo the door catches I hear a 'beep' then when trying the roof button .. all I hear is continuous beeping
I have made sure the boot shelf is across and seated on the micro switch (seems to click ok). Also checked the boot catch micro switch which appears to be clicking with no issues. Have also checked all fuses.
I just renovated the gearbox with new bearing.. and so I had the battery of .. and the roof has not worked since :( do not know if this is a coincidence ? :|
Peugeot 206 CC 1.6 16V 2001

grateful thanks

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I would look again at the retractable blind micro switch. I don't think battery disconnection caused it in this instance.

What's the bike in your avatar BTW?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

CWI

Post by CWI »

Hi Capncol

Thanks for the quick reply :)
I've had an ohmmeter on it .. is ok :censored:

I think unfortunately I damaged the plastic tabs at the speedo drive in gearbox when I mounted the right drive shafts :facepalm: so my speedometer does not work .. I have not had it disassembled yet
it may be an error from the speedometer .. if it thinks it run forward .. speedometer shows 0 km :scratch:

an the avatar bike is a Yamaha yzf 750 SP form 1994... My toy :big-grin: http://yamaha.windt(dot)dk/#!home

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Ah. That's possibly the fault as the roof takes a speed signal so that it's operation is disconnected above 5 mph
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)