Roof / windows issue since installing new cd player

All your roof problems here.
girl_interrupted

Roof / windows issue since installing new cd player

Post by girl_interrupted »

Hey i wonder if anyone can PLEASE help me!
Last week my other half fitted me an after market car stereo, sub and amp, a few fuses blew in the process but all is replaced and ev
everything else works apart from the windows / roof. I guess this must be linked because the windows will not go down at all neither on the windows switch nor the roof switch, fuses have been checked and cant seem to find any other broken ones... checked fuse box under steering wheel and under the bonnet unless there is any hidden anywhere else? i read somewhere that some were hidden underneath the layer of fuses under the bonnet but dunno how true that is?
Also the stereo ignition wire wasnt turning the stereo off when the ignition was turned off so that has been wired up to the cigarette lighter so it goes off when it should without draining the battery. Could this be anything to do with it?
Anyone have any idea whats up with my windows / roof? im absolutely GUTTED! or have anything i could try? any reset or anything?
ALSO could it be the battery is weak? as i have a feeling the battery may be weak as it intermittently says airbag fault and when i start the engine all the car doors lock. Also unlocking the car doesnt unlock the boot it still always has to be unlocked with the key.
Look forward to hearing responses thanks in advance :) x

girl_interrupted

Re: Roof / windows issue since installing new cd player

Based in Birmingham B14 if that helps :)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

girl_interrupted wrote:Hey i wonder if anyone can PLEASE help me!
Last week my other half fitted me an after market car stereo, sub and amp, a few fuses blew in the process but all is replaced and everything else works apart from the windows / roof.
Did he not disconnect the battery first? If it's blown fuses it could also spike the BSI unit ... the car's "brain" ... it might just need a reset ...
girl_interrupted wrote:I guess this must be linked because the windows will not go down at all neither on the windows switch nor the roof switch, fuses have been checked and cant seem to find any other broken ones... checked fuse box under steering wheel and under the bonnet unless there is any hidden anywhere else? i read somewhere that some were hidden underneath the layer of fuses under the bonnet but dunno how true that is?
I don't know of any more, so double check all of them again. One may not appear to be blown visually.
girl_interrupted wrote:Also the stereo ignition wire wasnt turning the stereo off when the ignition was turned off so that has been wired up to the cigarette lighter so it goes off when it should without draining the battery. Could this be anything to do with it?
There are kits you can get to switch over the live wires (red and yellow feeds) rather than resorting to that. The Sony I fitted to my daughters was simple .. two bullet connectors which were easy to swap over.
girl_interrupted wrote:Anyone have any idea whats up with my windows / roof? im absolutely GUTTED! or have anything i could try? any reset or anything?
ALSO could it be the battery is weak? as i have a feeling the battery may be weak as it intermittently says airbag fault and when i start the engine all the car doors lock.

Could be but also check you have the right battery. The CC has a 190mm high battery .. the hatchback a lower one. The extra height will stop the cables pulling and losing the connections. Also see how old the battery is ... is should have a date in the casing or on a label.

If the battery was disconnected when fitting the radio, was it reconnected properly? It's not as simple as reconnecting the positive and negative cables ...
girl_interrupted wrote:Also unlocking the car doesnt unlock the boot it still always has to be unlocked with the key.
The boot is meant to be like that! ;)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Check fuse 12 pass compartment fusebox
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

girl_interrupted

Oooo i had no idea there was a fuse box in passenger side where abouts is it? :) thanks for responses.
Im unsure if the battery was disconnected when fitting the stereo probably not. Also how would i do a bsi reset since i cant open the drivers side window as it needs to be open a little doesnt it?

girl_interrupted

Unless youre talking about the fusebox under the bonnet lol?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

The one above your knee if you are in drivers seat (RHD)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

girl_interrupted

Okay ill go look. What fuse size should be in there incase the incorrect one is in? cheers

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

30 amp

If you haven't got a handbook, you can download a PDF one from this forum .. search for handbook and it will provide you with the links

or click this http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/downloads/handbook.pdf
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

girl_interrupted

Thanks have checked and changed the amp but still nothing. Going to attempt a BSI reset today will let u know how that goes!

girl_interrupted

Just letting you know the problem is fixed! turned out to be the ignition wire to the stereo was infact also for the windows and the roof so we reconnected it to the battery wire :) thanks for your help!

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Glad you got it sorted, and thanks for letting us know the outcome.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)