My car has been nothing but trouble :(

Any problems assoicated with leaks
han18

My car has been nothing but trouble :(

Post by han18 »

Hello all,

Thankfully my engine light 'problem' has cured itself. However I now have a terrible leak from the seal of the drivers side, with water soaking my seat as well as the door and floor. Upon further inspection I found that under the passenger seat was wet too so there must be another leak elsewhere. Took the car to the garage (a Peugeot one) and they said they put some silicone stuff in which takes 2 weeks to dry. If that doesn't work, they want to charge me £1,300 for new roof, door and window panels as mine are 'perishing' because the car is 10 years old. Gutted :(

They also said my alternator belt is perishing and I need 2 new tyres even though she had 4 new ones last December! (Before I got her)

As I can't afford over £1,300, if this silicone stuff doesn't dry and work, it's goodbye to the car I've spent 10 years dreaming about after just 9 months of ownership :(

Has anyone got any tips for me how to sry it out or prevent any further water damage? Can't air it out by taking the roof down as its constant bad rain here at the moment.

Many thanks!!!!

gazza82

Re: My car has been nothing but trouble :(

Post by gazza82 »

Have you tried a 2nd hand parts supplier ... I get a lot for our CC from http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/pug206cc-spares/. He's reasonably priced and ships quickly. Always got roof parts in stock.

The alternator belt should be relatively cheap to buy and have fitted ...

Tyres: well they depend on a lot of things from your driving style to the suspension. It could be your steering alignment is out (take it the fronts are wearing), or you may have wear in the balljoints. Or they might just be cheap budget rubbish that wasn't meant to last. (they were new and not just Part-worn back in December?)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo