Pedals

Bodykits, alloy bits'n'pieces etc etc
Patsy

Pedals

Post by Patsy »

Hi, I am new to this forum, and new to the 206cc. I find that when my shoes are wet they slip off the aluminium pedals. Does anyone know if it is possible to get rubbers to fit over them? :)

Thar

Re: Pedals

Post by Thar »

Hi Patsy and welcome to the forum :welcome:

I have the same problem, in fact I have this problem when driving cars with rubber pedal covers too and it can be dangerous. I now keep an old hand towel in the door space to wipe the bottom of my shoes before I set off.

I'm not sure, there may well be rubber pedal covers, one of the others may be able to advise.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

craigdmjv

Post by craigdmjv »

well i have retro fitted the metal pedals in mine

you can remove them 10mm spanner and allen key and replace with normal 206 rubbers however the accelerator pedal is different you pull top upwards so it unclips then you push the bottom of the pedal towards the right as its on a hinge this can be replaced by a standard 206 pedal from a scrap yard and the rubbers should simply fit on top of the two other pedal bases your best bet is going to a scrap yard and getting the replacement pedals

another option is to put skate board grip material over the metal parts someone of here done it a while back and it apparently worked might be worth a try :)

Enright

Post by Enright »

If I'm going to spend any longer than 20 mins in the car I slip my right shoe off.
I know that might sound a bit mad, but it has its advantages:
I can feel the pedal better so am more in touch with what the car is doing. This helps with both control and economy.
It also makes damn sure I keep the carpets nice and clean! ;)
BCingU,
Neil. ;)

Mine: Daily driver; Mk2 MG ZS+ (TD). Current projects; 2 x Lotus Elan SE Turbos
Previous project: 56 plate 206 CC 1.6 Sport (with added Allure!)