BSI Reset & Battery Disconnection Methods

Electrical 206CC problems
Rui

Re: BSI Reset & Battery Disconnection Methods

Post by Rui »

Hi,
I'm new to this website. I'm having eletrical problems in my peugeot 206 from 2001 and would wike to try to "bsi reset" procedure.
It happens that I am don't have key with lock button. Any other option?
Thanks

IanL

Post by IanL »

You do not need a remote control key to perform the BSI reboot. The part of the procedure which references the remote key is there to reset remote key operation after the reboot. If you don't have such a key, ignore that part.

Rui

Post by Rui »

Thanks for your reply.
Can you please clarify what means the step "turn the side lights on"? Does that mean the hazard light? The left and right separately?
Thanks.

IanL

Post by IanL »

No, sidelights are the small lights in the headlamps - the first position on the headlamp control.

If you do not have the handbook for the car, go to http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/, choose English, then car model, and then date.

Rui

Post by Rui »

Thanks again for your quick reply.
Having disconnected battery for a few hours, and applied the bsi reset method, definitely has good impact => car works better (almost properly) for a while.

Now, regarding the eletrical issues the car is facing, to see if someone can help:
- even on the first engine start (after bsi reset) - hazard lights come on (then I am able to switch them off manually)
- when taking keys off the ignition, either the odomoter stays on or the pointers of the dashboard keep blinking, which leads the battery to run out.
Any idea/suggestion on what can be the problem, or how to troubleshoot?

Thanks.

Car INFO:
Peugeot 206 1.1 XT (2001)

IanL

Post by IanL »

You can try the BSI reboot twice more. Sometimes the first reboot does not cure everything. No need to wait hours, just three minutes.

If that does not help, the best advice is to apply Peugeot Planet 2000 diagnostic system, see here.

You could also post in the 206 forum on that site. There are a couple of people who have a lot of experience with similar problems, including one who repairs the stalk unit, which I suspect may be the issue.

Rui

Post by Rui »

Thanks IanL.
I will try to run BSI reboot twice more this evening.
As suggested, also trying to find someone (in Dublin) to help me running Peugeot Planet 2000 diagnostic, and also posted specific new thread in peugeotforums site.
May I ask why do you suggest is related with the stalk unit?

IanL

Post by IanL »

Rui wrote: May I ask why do you suggest is related with the stalk unit?
Because a lot of similar problems seem to be caused by that unit. But it is only a guess.

markallanwainwright

Post by markallanwainwright »

I've just inherited 206cc complete with issues. Car is SORN so can't get it to garage. Battery is completely dead, I have a replacement, read advice on how to change but first issue that hits me is I can not put down the drivers window with dead battery. I understand the door must be shut but would having someone sitting in driver's seat to operate ignition and lights be ok or any other suggestions?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

If the battery is completely dead, then just make sure all electrical items are switched off, open bonnet, close doors and swap the batteries.
The procedure is to make the BSI go to sleep before diconnecting battery. The bsi won't wake up with a dead battery.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

markallanwainwright

Thanks Col. Getting diagnostic check next week and hopefully clear airbag warning light. No doubt I'll come across other issues as I fix up the car, not moved for two years but still only done 27k miles on an 05 plate. Appreciate your help and advice

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

If you need our help, please note any fault code numbers. It will help greatly
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

markallanwainwright

Just had air bag issue diagnosed, fault is the unit under centre console. Do I have to disconnect the handbrake to remove the console? Guy that diagnosed issue said units are really cheap to buy on eBay. Any other advice on doing this job?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by markallanwainwright on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

markallanwainwright

Found used unit on eBay, only one there, No. 9652275880, bought it. Sorry, probably posted this in wrong topic.

Reclusifer

Post by Reclusifer »

Hi Capncol

I'm a new member just having purchased my first Peugeot 206, and, to be frank am regretting it in a big way. I have just had a major electrical shutdown which I ws advised was due the BCI. I followed all the instructions (four times) and still no luck in getting the car started. We towed it but unfortunately, due to the high winds, the hitch went under my tyre and it broke. Car is now stranded in a public car park in Attleborough.

If anyone can offer me any help at all, it will be really appreciated as I am due to start a new job in Oxfordshire at the end of the month. :cry:

I returned back to the UK after five years and as money was tight I bought this car off my niece. Now I am back to square one, no wheels, living at a friends and feeling very depressed.