Roof ECU?? Confused!

All your roof problems here.
beccaboo

Roof ECU?? Confused!

Post by beccaboo »

Hi All!

I am new to this forum! I have just bought an 04 plate 206cc Allure (and I lurve it!) Anyway, got it on Wednesday, had roof down - fine, put roof up - fine. Went to work on Thursday and on the way home put the roof down. Then, about 10mins into my journey the car started bleeping at me except when stationary. So, I stopped, tried to put the roof up, but when I pressed the switch it was beeping. Back to the garage I went and they checked microswitches etc etc but nothing. So they kept it overnight.

Have rung them today and they said that they sent it to Peugeot who diagnosed it as being a problem with the ECU, which, as I was on the phone was being replaced. Car will be ready for me tomorrow.

Please can someone tell me what an ECU is, and how big a problem it can cause? Also, there was a problem, he said, with the switch when before I bought the car which he said had been sorted (I did test drive it and there was no beeping then!) Will the ECU, if sorted, mean my roof is completly better? I think I might get paranoid about putting the roof down and not being able to get it back up!!

All advice appreciated!

Thanks
Becky!

cheekee

Re: Roof ECU?? Confused!

Post by cheekee »

Hello.

Please take a look at this video as it explains the functions of the roof ecu.

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12920

The roof ECU is the computer module that controls the roof opening/closure cycle.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Call me an old cynic but time will tell. Bet it will turn out to be a microswitch. Peugeot are just replacing the most expensive component. Hope I'm wrong though, and that it cures it for you.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

beccaboo

Post by beccaboo »

Thanks for the replies!

No need to be a synic, I have only just bought the car so it is under warrenty - no cost to me so thats ok!

Phoned the garage this morning though, and they told me that there is an intermittant fault. The roof now goes up and down fine, but, if the car goes over a bump it could break it again. So, back to Peugeot goes the car on Monday to be fixed. Fingers crossed it will be all ok!!! :)

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

So the new ecu didn't fix it, surprise surprise.

Still bet it's a sensor or the boot lid catch or similar.

Hope they sort it properly for you.
Ron

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

+1

Sounds like a loose connection if it goes after hitting a bump!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

beccaboo

Post by beccaboo »

Well, just had word back from the garage - the car is ready - there was muck disturbing the microswitches!!!

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Quelle surprise!
Ron

beccaboo

Post by beccaboo »

Hio All!!

Well, I got the car back, turns out that there were little shards of glass in the boot space that, when going over a bump, diostrubed the microswitches. They think that the car has had a new rear windscreen at some point - hence the glass. All was working fine, and then, I went over a bump (roof down) and the alrm started again and I couldn't get the roof up! arghhhhh!
Phoned the garage, who told me to wiggle the black plastic bit over the parcel shelf - and this worked! arghhhh dilema now, they think there might be still some bits of glass in there, do I take the car back to the garage or, knowing how to free it up when the alrm goes, live with roof paranoia??
All advice greatly appreciated, it must be a fairly common problem to get bits of muck etc in there??

Cheers
Becky!!

Hot Red Lion

Post by Hot Red Lion »

Hi there
I realise this post is old. I'm curious how the roof went after the new ECU.
I'm looking at a 207 which apparently needs a new ECU. The issue is that the windscreen was broken and apparently glass got in the roof. My query is, even if the ECU is replaced, will the glass remain in the roof and will it cause problems again/will there be further issues with the roof working even with a new ECU??

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Who diagnosed the roof ECU and how? Has everything else been eliminated first?
Don't think you will get a reply as Beckaboo hasn't been on here since 2011.

Statistics for Beckaboo

Last visited:
Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:32 pm
Warnings:
0 [ View user notes | Warn user ]
Total posts:
8 | Search user’s posts
(0.01% of all posts / 0.01 posts per day)
Most active forum:
Roof
(6 Posts / 75.00% of user’s posts)
Most active topic:
Roof ECU?? Confused!
(4 Posts / 50.00% of user’s posts)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Hot Red Lion

Post by Hot Red Lion »

Peugeot service diagnosed it.
Don't know how.

I'm just worried about the glass causing further problems.

Mathew89

Post by Mathew89 »

Hi!

I am writing from Hungary.

I have a 206CC of 2002.
I have a problem with the roof. Suddenly, I could not close the roof. I had to be closed manually.
They are doing it:
If I open the clips on the windscreen, there is no "bong" sound. The side windows are not blocked. When I try to open the roof starts to beep.

A mechanic checked every switch and every lead. He says that the roof would work because all good. The BSI tried to restart. No changes.

You do not understand the problem. The roof control ECU damage can you go? If I were to order into another, listen what?
Peugeot 206 CC 2.0 2002

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I would re-check the switches at the top of the screen behind the latches. When the second one is opened, you should get a bong.
You do not understand the problem. The roof control ECU damage can you go? If I were to order into another, listen what?
I'm sorry, I don't understand this bit. Can you rephrase it?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Mathew89

Post by Mathew89 »

Behind the clips, the latch and switches work well.

Signs of switches have the yellow connector. He checked.
"Bong" no sound.

The mechanic does not understand the problem.

The roof control ECU can go wrong?

If I buy another one, interchangeable? There are numbers on ECU. For example, index. C6
If I buy another ECU which is also index: C6. That's not a problem?
Peugeot 206 CC 2.0 2002