yet another roof problem..

All your roof problems here.
tonyken

yet another roof problem..

Post by tonyken »

Hi All, just joined today but I have been reading a lot for a while as this is a great website for information on my 206cc, seems a bit cheeky to subscribe then immediately ask a question but I can't seem to find my problem in all the roof probs.
Mine makes all the right noises, engine on, windows go down, boot lid goes up, then pump just keeps going with nothing else happening, I am missing all this sunshine now as also the cord is missing in the boot for manual up and down but after taking cover off can't work out for the life of me what it atatches to.
Any help would be very welcome.
Thanks in anticipation.
Tony..

tonyken

Re: yet another roof problem..

Post by tonyken »

Guessing maybe nobody has had this problem that I have, or knows anyone who has, the string thing is a bit of an unknown looking at all the posts, we know what it's for but can't seem to find an answer to where it actually physically atatches to,
Looks like the peugeot dealer is my last resort now. :(

logan

Post by logan »

If the cord isnt there then its obviously been used and removed by a previous owner , but you wont need it now to manually use the roof ... Just follow the instructions for the manual roof and just forget about the cord :D hope it helps mayte

tonyken

Post by tonyken »

Cheers for that logan, I would like to replace it for the future if poss but nobody seem to know exactly what it's attatched to .

penel

Post by penel »

ive had all the plastic bits and carpet pulled away from the mechanism and still couldnt figure out where the cord goes its not intuative thats for sure

if you do have to get the plastic cover retracted put your hand up behind the metal mechanism form underneath and on the left side and you will feel a flat plate move this and the shelf drops down

h t h penel

tonyken

Post by tonyken »

your a star penel, will have a look tomorrow, all the plastic covering has been off all week !!!.
don't suppose you know the exact location of the microswitch that tells the ecu that the boot has opened and to bring the roof down, think that might be my problem.
thanks again,
Tony

rachel.butlerfly

Post by rachel.butlerfly »

Hi,
I've been having a problem with my roof. It has been stuck down for a few days and I've tried manually putting it up. However, I dont have a roof cord either and I cannot get the shelf to go down so that I can pull the roof up. I took the plastic casing off and found the mechanism on left side where you say to pull the flat plate but I cannot find the flat plate. The panel just wont budge and it seems to be the only thing stopping me from gettng the roof up. Would you be able to suggest anything else to do?
Thanks

tonyken

Post by tonyken »

Hi rachel, I didn't pull anything to get the roof up or down manually, I just undid the pressure release valve with allen key in tyre inflater container, and put the roof up. Not saying it will work for all but it did for me.
Regards, Tony.

rachel.butlerfly

Post by rachel.butlerfly »

I see what you mean tonyken but the black plastic shelf is in the way of lifting the roof so somehow the shelf has to be dropped without a cord. Any ideas???

tonyken

Post by tonyken »

I'm sorry rachel, my problem was the roof not going down, I did put it down manually without any problems, I needed to do this to get the forward boot lit locks to lock when it went back up, at no time did I do anything to the shelf so I'm afraid I can't help you any further with this, ( I still don't know what that missing string attatches to !! ).
Regards, Tony.

cheekee

Post by cheekee »

Guys. please take a look at these as this has been covered many times.

1) roof operation in detail: http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12920

2) Microswitch locations: http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12945

3) Roof emergency modes: http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12929

And as Pennel says re white cord missing: if you do have to get the plastic cover retracted put your hand up behind the metal mechanism from underneath and on the left side and you will feel a flat plate move this and the shelf drops down.

tonyken

Post by tonyken »

cheekee

Post by cheekee »

Great news. :trumpet:

craigdmjv

Post by craigdmjv »

tonyken wrote:Hi All, just joined today but I have been reading a lot for a while as this is a great website for information on my 206cc, seems a bit cheeky to subscribe then immediately ask a question but I can't seem to find my problem in all the roof probs.
Mine makes all the right noises, engine on, windows go down, boot lid goes up, then pump just keeps going with nothing else happening, I am missing all this sunshine now as also the cord is missing in the boot for manual up and down but after taking cover off can't work out for the life of me what it atatches to.
Any help would be very welcome.
Thanks in anticipation.
Tony..
considering that they have used the white pull cord make sure that the hydrolic allen key thing is tight so it has pressure lol watch the video on youtube or off of here and turn the opp way

tonyken

Post by tonyken »

Tony..[/quote] considering that they have used the white pull cord make sure that the hydrolic allen key thing is tight so it has pressure lol watch the video on youtube or off of here and turn the opp way[/quote]

Hi craigdmjv, My problem was nothing to do with Hydrolics , I did release the pressure to get the roof down manually, and up again to re-set the boot catches as they wouldn't shut until I did that, but as you can see in the other thread

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12941

I fixed the roof prob with just bending back the microswitch slightly.
Tony