How embarrasing!

Anything related to the 206CC
Chushpie

How embarrasing!

Post by Chushpie »

Hi all

I've not been on the forum for a few weeks, I've been busy getting married! Anyway, back to reality now and back to work this week.

I broke down on my way home from work on Monday (the car, not me!). I was in the middle of the road on the busy A666 in rush hour traffic, waiting to turn right and someone flashed me to go. I flashed back, went to turn, and the car just died on me - absolutely died. I'd no power to anything and couldn't even put my hazards on. I got out of the car and shouted across the road for help to push the car out of the way as I was causing quite a jam. I could see other drivers shaking their heads and tutting at the stupid woman that had 'stalled' her car in the middle of the road!

I had a look under the bonnet (with my bright red face) and noticed that the battery connection seemed very loose, although it was tightened up as far as it would go. I had a quick tinker and managed to limp home. After a bashing with a rubber mallet to make sure it's connected properly it is absolutely fine now.

I reckon that with all the potholes in the road at the moment, it had managed to jiggle itself off over a period of time. I don't know what the roads are like everywhere else, but I know Thar will agree that it's like driving on the moon at the moment in Lancashire! Might be worth keeping an eye on your batteries in case the same embarrasing thing happens to anyone else. :oops:
Now: Audi TT Mk1 1.8T quattro (225)
Then: Peugeot 206cc 2.0 (Black/Silver special edition)

Ollie

Re: How embarrasing!

Post by Ollie »

Chushpie wrote: I could see other drivers shaking their heads and tutting at the stupid woman that had 'stalled' her car in the middle of the road!
Now, Now, I didnt think you were stupid :rotfl: :hyper: :scratch:
Congrats on your wedding :trumpet: :trumpet: :thumbs: :beer:

Chushpie

Post by Chushpie »

Ha Ha! - Thought I recognised you!!! :hyper:

Thar

Post by Thar »

Congratulations Mrs. chushpie! :thumbs:

I know my battery connection is tight, as I only reconnected it last week when I put my car back on the road, but thanks for the heads up. You're right, the potholes around here are beyond the joke, but from what I see, it seems it's like this pretty much everywhere in the current economic climate.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

52nd of February

Post by 52nd of February »

My battery terminal used to pop off all the time - it never caused the car to lose all power...

And congrats on getting married! :D

Chushpie

Post by Chushpie »

Thanks 52nd, I feel really grown up now!

It's probably just my bad luck to lose all power, I'm a disaster magnet! Hope my luck changes - it's my MOT tomorrow morning (my first one with this car) and I'm dreading it. :cry:

redkev

Post by redkev »

congrats on your marrige :thumbs: and sorry to hear of your break down but as the great john lennon said there are 4 thousand potholes in blackburn lancashire (and obviously heading out to darwen)

Thar

Post by Thar »

redkev wrote:congrats on your marrige :thumbs: and sorry to hear of your break down...
:popping: That didn't read too well but I see what you mean :rotfl:

Fingers crossed for your MOT...I know how you feel...I always get nervous when my baby has an MOT...let us know how you get on :)
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

Chushpie

Post by Chushpie »

My car passed with flying colours - not even an advisory! Yippee!!!
Yay! :thumbs: