While I'm at it, another leaking question....

Any problems assoicated with leaks
52nd of February

While I'm at it, another leaking question....

Post by 52nd of February »

I kinda forget about this one because it's so intermittent - but when the car feels like it, in substantial rain the driver's footwell will drip only when making a turn - left OR right. It drips onto my left foot resting on the footrest. It hasn't happened in a long time, and I've been wearing sandals or no shoes at all when driving lately and the downpour that's currently going on out the window this very moment hasn't caused any dripping.

Dad reckons it could be a blocked weephole causing water to back up and run over and down behind into the footwell but does anyone have other ideas of what might be going on? I'm mainly puzzled because this is the most rain this car has ever seen and it's not leaking, yet it's leaked in less.

The water must be sitting around in there a while because it will even drip a few days after the rain has passed, this doesn't sound too good...

Anyone seen this before?

tradie01

Re: While I'm at it, another leaking question....

Post by tradie01 »

Hiya , I think the problem you are having is due to a blocked drain , If your 206cc has the vented bonnet then I presume there is a water build up in the well clean this and see if the problem persists.

Keep us posted and good luck

Happy 206 diving

GrandadMonkey

Re: While I'm at it, another leaking question....

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Open your bonnet and check the drain holes at each side of the car in front of the bulkhead . You'll probably find they are full of leaves. Clear any debris out and flush them through.

Hopefully that will solve your problem.

Let us know how you get on.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)