Wet passenger seatbelt & carpet behind passenger seat

Any problems assoicated with leaks
fee2731

Wet passenger seatbelt & carpet behind passenger seat

Post by fee2731 »

Hi, I had read through this "Leaks" forum and noticed there is a number of problems with leaky seals on the doors & roofs etc...

I have had my CC for two weeks and have just spent 4 days in what must be the wettest part of the UK Burnley. After one night of torrential rain my other half got in to find the seat belt on the passenger side complete soaking wet. There are no obvious sign of leaks anywhere around the rear window (inside or ouside) and all the seals look OK and were dry, but the carpet behind the passenger seat is also wet. I checked the roof for any damp areas and it seems perfectly dry (had all the seals replaced in 2009)

I would be so grateful for any suggestions.

ps. I have a suggestion for anyone who experiences the waterfall effect when you open the window after rain, try one of the big water squeegy things for cars. I had the same problem on my Honda CRX and works for getting rid of the excess water off the roof.

Thar

Re: Wet passenger seatbelt & carpet behind passenger seat

Post by Thar »

From another North Westerner who is used to plenty of rain...I bought this from Halfords after recommendations on here http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165705 I spray some on a cloth and go over all the rubber seals. I seemed to have stopped a small leak from my side window and also stops squeaks.

Will try the squeegy tip...thanks!
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

fee2731

Post by fee2731 »

Thanks Thar, I'll certainly give it a try.

:thumbs:

Chushpie

Post by Chushpie »

Oooh, I'm going to get some of that too! I only have a slight drip onto my back seat when it's wet and windy but my partner has a Megane cc and it leaks like a sieve. Well worth a try for that price! :thumbs:
Now: Audi TT Mk1 1.8T quattro (225)
Then: Peugeot 206cc 2.0 (Black/Silver special edition)