Antipollution fault / caterlick converter fault HELP.

Electrical 206CC problems
Paula

Post by Paula »

driving back to work my car started juddering and then the engine light came on, a little bleep noise to warn me, and the on the screen it said antipollution fault.
i stopped the car, re-started it and juddered all the way back to work which was about a mile.

Home time i tried to re-start the car, it wouldn't keep the revs up, white smoke was coming out of the exhaust then the another fault appeared on the screen saying caterlyke converter fault.

I had it towed to a garage and they are telling me that it might be the ECU, can anyone advise,

It's a 2004 model, less than 35000.00 miles, i had a part of the exhaust fitted just before christmas.

Please help.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Could be spark plug(s) gone down, could be coil pack faulty. (Quite common and not too expensive). That would cause a misfire and the juddering. Eventually, unburnt fuel would then find its way to the catalytic converter and the other fault message would be triggered.

What model have you got? Which engine? When was it last serviced, and by whom? When were the spark plugs last changed?
What petrol are you using?

What garage did you take it to? Peugeot or independent? Have you used them before? What made you choose them? Did they carry out a full diagnostic test and read fault codes?

Welcome to the forum Paula.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Paula

Post by Paula »

206 cc 1600
it was last serviced at 25000 miles and by an independant garage called Patriot., not sure when the spark plugs were changed though, i am using unleaded petrol.

I took it to HiQ as i have had my exhauast done there, they couldn't get a dignostic test from it, he said that he couldn't get a reading, he told me that he couldn't help and to take it round to Peugeot garage, as they would be able to help. So i am still car less and no wiser to the fault. Thanx for you help, any more ideas.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I bet its still on the original spark plugs. I'd renew them for a start. You'll soon see if that was the problem. Won't cost much to do that. Use the correct ones.

As for your fuel I know you'll be running on unleaded. But are you buying decent stuff (e.g. Shell V Power, or BP Ultimate) or are using cheap supermarket petrol?

I doubt if it'll be your exhaust.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Dan

Post by Dan »

I had the cat/conv anti pollution fault warning, but not the physical symptoms. It just went away after that and I never heard from it again...

Debbiea69

Re: Antipollution fault / caterlick converter fault HELP.

Post by Debbiea69 »

I have just bought a peougeot 206 sw 1.4 and I too have just got the same as Paula first a message saying that antipollution fault followed by catalytic converter fault with the Beeping sounds and engine warning light flashing and the car is unsafe to drive it shudders and cuts out ... can someone please tell me is it the plugs ?

IanL

Post by IanL »

It could be, but it could also be a number of other things. There are two ways of tackling the problem:

Play "Parts Roulette" - guess what it could be, change it, see what happens, repeat.....

or have a fault diagnosis from Peugeot Planet 2000, which will give a good idea of the problem, and get you close to a solution. See #8 here.

Debbiea69

Post by Debbiea69 »

I'm so great full and I'm so sorry for not thanking you for your guidance I should of introduced my self first ... thank you for taking time to respond to my question.