Peugeot service centre said I need to replace my ECU!

Anything related to the 206CC
melwong

Post by melwong »

Crap! Finally pug people said the ECU is broken. They want me to replace a new one, costs 1090 pound!

I asked them to try downloading the latest software into it, they said can't because they can't communication with the ECU. Their repair log said, "Failed communications with Engine Control Management Unit. Operating fault". Does that really mean it's over and I REALLY need to buy a new ECU?

I captured the image attached from t
Peugeot 206cc 1.6 auto. 2003

lastvts

Post by lastvts »

Thats terrible news.

I think I read the answer earlier, but can a 2nd hand ECU be fitted? I can not see why not, but I guess I am missing something.

Its rare for controllers to fail in my industry. Its normaly a sensor, poor plug conections or a PSU. If the ECU has a comms failiure I would be checking the pins on the female connection of the diagnostic plug. Check the pins have not been damaged or pushed inward and thus not providing a good contact to Peugeots Diagnostic equipment.

Hope things work out. Keep us updated.

Thar

Post by Thar »

This happened to a Corsa we had. We were very lucky in that the car was just outside the manufacturers warranty period and had done very low miles and Vauxhall said it should not happen and offered to pay 90% of the costs. We had to pay £100 but it was much better than £1000.

Sorry about this melwong...hope you can resolve it some way.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D