dsashboard warning lights!

Electrical 206CC problems
raynes_park

Post by raynes_park »

Hi - I have a problem with my dashboard lights. First some of the general dashboard illumination bulbs blew :idea: - and I duly replaced them. But as soon as I did that, a couple of other ones blew. Then my handbrake / brake fluid warning light came on and stayed on (I've checked the brake fluid level and it is definitely fine, and my brakes work ok). Soon after that, then abs warning light came on - and stayed on. And now, intermittedly, the airbag warning light came on. The final straw was today, when I turned on the wipers - they airbag warning light came on (again!) and the wipers went back and forth so fast I thought they'd fly off! :yikes: And now to top it all off, a bulb has gone behind the heater control!

Reading the various posts already, it could(??) be the ECU - expensive! - or it could be a dying battery. My 206 HDi is about 8 years old (Y reg) and I don't think the battery has been replaced since I bought it new. I also don't drive the car much nowadays (~2,500 miles per year at the moment).

The car has been driving fine all the time and starts no problem.

HELP!!!! PLLLLEEEAASSEEE!!! :scratch: