Stalling 206cc

All your other probs if any.
marko.katz

Post by marko.katz »

Not quite stalling but feels like it

Hi all i'm just trying to get to the bottom of a problem my other half has been having with her car

its a 2002 2.0 black, the car has a full service history covered 80k miles recently had a new clucth, crank sensor, and temp sensor, the thrust bearing desintegrated and took out the crank sensor, the diag also said the temp sensor was out of range so it was changed.

Now back to the problem in hand, While in traffic or driving on hot days or sitting on the bite ready to take off, the car feels like its going to cut out and stall when moving off and going slow round corners.

The problem seems to be engine temperature related.

It seems to happen most When the temp is riseing and falling between 90 and 100 deg the fan comes on so the car never overheats. While driving at normal speeds the engine temp sits at 70deg is this normal ? for the 206 as my alfa sits at a steady 90 any less than that then its a faulty thermostat.

Also every now and again while driving along the motorways the temp gauge goes full scale and engine over temp warning sounds switching the engine off and on again the fault dissapears instantly and the temp returns to normal.

Indicating to me either the sensor or wiring between the senor and ecu is faulty could this all be related ? i'm unsure as the fault is not logged when the diag is plugged in.
Last edited by marko.katz on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.