TYRES - Which are the best ones to fit in your opinion?

All your other probs if any.
h4zel

Post by h4zel »

OK.. I have to replace my two front tyres and I have been pricing up the Goodyear F1 tyres as that's what Peugeot recommend but I wanted to know if anyone has any experience of other tyres, good or bad? Also GDS2 or GDS3?? Is one better than the other or just slightly different tread designs?? Cheers in advance! :thumbs:

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Hi H4zel,
The Continentals on our 1.6 Allure are fine. Take a look at www.blackcircles.com to get an idea of competitive prices and various tread patterns.
Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

h4zel

Post by h4zel »

Hi thanks for your input! :thumbs:

BTW, I have a 2.0lt Silver (...not that's not just the colour that's the model too!!)

Dan

Post by Dan »

Tyres is the only thing I never go cheap on, they keep you on the road after all :D

h4zel

Post by h4zel »

Well I have bitten the bullet and I am having two Goodyear Eagle F1 GDS3's fitted from www.etyres.co.uk this afternoon, only £85 each and they are coming to work to do it too so I don't have to even get off my :censored:

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Well done. I agree with Dan that quality is more important than price but you seem to have achieved both.

Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

teddy206 GTi

Post by teddy206 GTi »

Yokohama Paradas look very nice. Only £70 from mytyres.co.uk

neildavies

Post by neildavies »

After changing single front tyres, on the 2.0 with the power there, I'd definitely recommend changing both at the same time.

I changed just the passenger side first and the car pulled to the passenger side under acceleration, then changed the driver's side a few months later and now it pulls to that side under acceleration.
2002 206cc 2.0 SE
2002 406 Coupe 2.2HDi SE

charlieannear

Post by charlieannear »

Hi All

We'll shortly be needing new tyres for our cc.
Currently has Eagle F1's but the fronts are low on tread and the rears are crazed (and were advisory to replace last MOT)
Do people still stick with the Eagles or is there another brand/model that is preferred?
etyres and mytyres don't show anything much cheaper than the Eagles that I recognise or come particularly well rated on tyre reviews website, but perhaps someone on here knows better?

Ta,
C.
Just because you're paranoid, it don't mean they're not after you.

[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=465]Owner 465
[color=red] 03, 2.0 SE Black/Silver limited Edition, (Black paint, black/red Leather interior, sports pack, luxury mats, Boot rack) plus boot tray and Clarion 6-disc CD autochanger
Extras: Aluminium hoops, aluminium tax disc holder, Conmatic, Griffiths Quickshift[/color][/url]

charlieannear

Post by charlieannear »

OK, got a good price (under £88 each) quoted on 4 Good Year Eagle F1's.
Also got a good price (£76 each) on Firestone Firehawk SZ90's.
This saves enought to cover the MOT, so, seeing as we don't drive anywhere near the performance limit of the F1's, we've gone for the Firestones.
Plus they SZ90's generally seem to be more expensive than F1's on the tinterweb, so seems like we got a reasonable deal.

We went through 2 sets of F1's in 27 thousand miles- we don't do a lot miles and we drive, frankly, like old farts :) so they weren't giving great value for money.

Will post feedback on how we get on with the SZ90's.

C.
Just because you're paranoid, it don't mean they're not after you.

[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=465]Owner 465
[color=red] 03, 2.0 SE Black/Silver limited Edition, (Black paint, black/red Leather interior, sports pack, luxury mats, Boot rack) plus boot tray and Clarion 6-disc CD autochanger
Extras: Aluminium hoops, aluminium tax disc holder, Conmatic, Griffiths Quickshift[/color][/url]

nesszoe

Post by nesszoe »

Give michelin pilot primacys a go. Superb handling and grip in summer and winter inc wet and snow, stiff sidewalls with a lip which protects the edge of your alloy wheels and they last real well. since I have started using them I have never looked back.