dumb brunette question!

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
helencat

Post by helencat »

:question:Hi i have a peugeot 206 y reg (01) and want to remove the original cd player and change it for an MP3 stereo cd player. i have 2 thin things which came with the new stereo. i assume you slip these down the sides of the stereo to remove it?? i do have the fascia plate for the new stereo! if i get it out and manage to connect it up (which i have yet to work out) am i going to have any electrical probs? eg do i have to have an update at peugeots?? i am not really thick i just haven't done this before but can't afford £35 for someone else to fit it.
cheers Helen

Dan

Post by Dan »

Hi Helen,

When I changed my stereo I had to remove the whole centre console to get to the stereo (although you may not have to do this)

If you do, then you have to remove the top part first (it should just clip out when pushing it towards the windscreen) then unscrew the console and pull it away from the dashboard. The stereo and all the cabling behind will then be easy to access.

Im assuming it will just be a straight swapover and u wont need the metal parts as I never did, although i might be wrong.

Good luck!

helencat

Post by helencat »

Hi Dan thanks for the info!
best wishes Helen