dodgy body panels supplied by Peugeot

Good or Bad in here.........
celeret

Post by celeret »

Still trying to resolve problems with poor quality body panels supplied by Peugeot and fitted by Willoughbys Beeston, through Peugeot Insurance.
The story just gets worse and the buck passing gets more professional.
The Peugeot image has become the Strife of your Life......Celeret

celeret

Post by celeret »

after four months of provaracating, the 'willoughby / direct line insurance company' combination have suddenly decided that the dodgy panel was supplied by Peugeot and as such have disowned my claim.....with the instruction to approach Peugeot direct. not much hope there as they are worse than the insurance company.
the car is fine guys....just hope that you never have to have any repairs carried out. They have charged for a rear light cluster, door lock, rear quarter window and seal, plus a rear panel re-spray, NONE of which have been carried out......I must be in the wrong business....the real money is in the motor repair/insurance trade.

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

sorry to hear of your woes :(

have you contacted your local tading standards about the above matter, they might be able to help ?
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

celeret

Post by celeret »

Peugeot Customer Care must, in my opinion, be the most sick organisation in the Motor Trade. having disowned my first approach in June under the pretext that I must submit reams of paperwork, including photographs, from the insurance company, which I duly obtained and submitted 1st. December under recorded delivery.I know it arrived because I checked through the P O. They admitted (on the telephone that the letter arrived) they then asked me to 'give it a couple of days' as their reply may be caught up in the Christmas post! too date, (30th. December) it has still not arrived an yet I have mail, 2nd. class delivery, that was posted only on the 27th. DO THEY THINK THAT ALL Peugeot OWNERS ARE STUPID OR WHAT??? great little car, but Peugeot in my experience are absolute CRAP!

celeret

Post by celeret »

Well well well…..had a letter from a Regional Manger no less stating that they were not going to carry out any more work on my car…final answer.(Real Big Brother stuff).until I wrote back, highlighting the facts…obtained from the invoice obtained from willoughbys (TO WHICH YOU ARE ENTITLED TO HAV A COPY…BUT THEY DON’T ADVERTISE IT!!!!) my copy clearly showed that the job was charged for incredible labour hours…(.not necessary ) rear light cluster, door handle, lock, rear window surround rubber seal, rear window glass…NON OF WHICH WERE FITTED!, since the damage was only a tyre scuff mark, on the lower rear part of the rear bumper, which lowered about ¾â€

celeret

Post by celeret »

I have discovered that there is only ONE peugeot approved bodyshop repairer in the whole of Leicstershire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire (peugeots data base) all the others have closed down or gone independent….not surprised if they get the same treatment that I have been subjected to!…celeret

incidently, the body panel in question, once painted to colour, takes 25 MINUTES to fit, held in place by 7/8 clips. thats official !!!
Last edited by celeret on Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

celeret

Post by celeret »

I have recently taken this whole issue up with peugeot...at their request, and have provided all the information. too date...suprisingly...I HAVE HAD NO REPLY...Willoughbys 2nd body shop has ceased to be known as Peugeot approved..not suprised...and has stayed independant...good for them. the car comes up for renewal soon...and whilst I like the car, my recent experience tells me to change my 'brand'. No wonder the japanese cars are gaining popularity, wev'e no British ones left and the european are sinking fast. Celeret