207 cc opinions?

Anything related to the 206CC
slimgym

Post by slimgym »

I had a look in the manual I have but it mentions it only in context of the cruise control which is operated with a separate stalk on the left hand side (looks like the radio remote control you have on the right). It shows an icon appears above the trip distance recorder with the set speed on it.

It might be something that needs adjusting in the dealer software, could be country specific, there's nothing on my 207cc that makes any bleeping at speed ;) The software is called "Peugeot Planet System" but last attempt at finding any info in the public domain drew little info about engineering your own solution. I guess the only way might be to sweet talk the dealer?

I don't know whether Lyndon indexed the manual, I've put it here, on rapidshare until it gets indexed locally.
Dave

rodnjess

Post by rodnjess »

It sounds as if my manual is just as vague as yours then. I'm sure that if I slipped the mechanic in the service centre a few hundred dirham he could remove the beeping for me, but that all seems a bit too dodgy for now. I might try and get hold of a few Peugeot owners locally. If it is a region specific thing, then there might be someone here who's done it before. In the meantime I'll stick to round-a-bouts and city streets, or resort to turning the stereo up, (pretty impressive as it is for a box standard model). Thanks for your help.

slimgym

Post by slimgym »

I think the dealer may be your only solution - I would like both the electric windows to automatically roll fully up - neither do this. At least on the 206cc you could one touch up the drivers side window!

If it weren't mux wired I'm sure the removal would be quite simple, but I expect the same sounder is used for the indictor tick and seat belt alarm, and the same output is used by all sorts of things on the car.

If you get anywhere I'd be interested to hear, I'm sure there are lots of secrets to be unlocked and fiddled with ;)
Dave

slimgym

Post by slimgym »

I spotted this in a newsgroup, it's for a 307 but it might be of some use? I have to be honest I don't think mine does anything if you press this button in but you never know.

Subject: Re: Bloody Beeping
Newsgroups: alt.autos.peugeot
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 16:57:32 GMT

> I have a Pug 307 and when on the motorway It beeps at me when over
> 70 mph, I haven't really noticed it before as I don't travel on the motorway
> that much but the other day it was really getting on my nerves, Is there any
> way that I can de-activate this "feature".

Its caused by the trip computer. go to the instant figures screen and you
should see a key next to the speed icon. hold trip computer reset
button/stalk in and it should then come up with speed setting increase as
required.
Dave

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

here's the 207cc manual, sorry it took a very long time to upload it :redface:

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/downloads ... ndbook.pdf
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

slimgym

Post by slimgym »

> bugger all acceleration until you hit 1500rpm.

I had to re-read this thread to check what I'd written, I think I'm correcting myself by saying it's 2500rpm and not 1500rpm.

It is a different driving style now. I find you have to pull away at 2500rpm and hold it there by slipping the clutch so the revs don't drop off as the load increases, otherwise the power slips away.

I suppose they did it to reduce the emissions (fractionally) and drop the car into the lower road tax bracket. The acceleration on a 1.6 is quite amazing with turbo but I feel a bit vulnerable when pulling away as if you don't get it right you've got the acceleration of a Fiat 126!
Dave

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Lyndon wrote:here's the 207cc manual, sorry it took a very long time to upload it :redface:

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/downloads ... ndbook.pdf
What an excellent job Lyndon. Very clear - perfect!

Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)