INSIDER INFO 4 WHEN ROOF LID/COVER WONT OPEN!

All your roof problems here.
satell1te

Post by satell1te »

:rotfl:
Following a week of being devastated that my ebay bargain 52/02 206cc had a faulty roof - all the right noises, windows went down, roof/boot lid unlatched but then wouldnt open to allow roof to lift and fold in........., This morning my local Leicester Peugeot dealer (Narborough Rd) informed me that it was likely to be the hydraulics and that I wouldnt see much change from £1000.

I rang a Friend in tears.
A couple of hours later he rang me back from a Peugeot Dealer in Northamptonshire where his mate works and this wonderful man solved my potentially expensive problem immediately!

Here goes..........
In the boot on the lid at the sides near the hinges there are two white loops. If you pull them out and turn them 90 degrees then push them back in - the problem is very often solved straight away.

This Guy told me that 70% of Roof problems are because of this, and that they are either knocked out of place due to excessive slamming of the boot or that after a manual re-lift of the roof they are not re-set properly!

The roof even went back up again perfectly (probably due to amount of micro-switches I have re-set over the last few days - Im so excited - Cant wait to get the roof off and then roll on the summer!

If this helps just one of you then my good deed for the day has been done!

I now just need to find a way to get these damn locking wheel nuts off without the key!!!

Samantha
x

P.S:- Thanks to Lyndon for his words of support & advice when I emailed him in distress about my roof not working!

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Well done Samantha, what a useful post.

I don't know whether all the locking wheel nut keys are different are they? I have one with our car and we live at Kibworth not far from you. I am free Tuesday evening if you want to try our key. Whereabouts are you?

Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

You could try a locking wheel nut removal tool?

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=109639

Good luck,

Ron
Ron

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

will sticky this thread :thumbs:

glad to be of some help to you samantha :)
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

satell1te

Post by satell1te »

Ended up having to have the wheel nuts drilled out as nothing seemed to work - including the wheel nut remover! Went to the local peugeot dealer and as always they were as unhelpful as ever......not! It passed its MOT and is now just waiting for the sun to come out...:(

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Sorry Sam!
Never mind at least you are on the road with the 206cc now.
Why wouldn't the special remover work? Wrong size or just not man enough for the job?
Ron
Ron

Dan

Post by Dan »

Excellent!!!! :D

DavidGilmour

Post by DavidGilmour »

I sometimes have the problem that the window on the passenger seat won't go open and that means the roof won't go up either. I always can solve this problem by opening the door and then press down so the window goes down and then everything works fine. Anyone got this too?

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I wonder if you have a broken wire in the wiring that goes through from the door into the door pillar. By opening the door it may be flexing it enough to make the contact between the broken wires sufficient to operate it. Just a thought?
Ron
Ron

DavidGilmour

Post by DavidGilmour »

well, I have had it since my big crash in 2003.
That was the end of summer and when I tried to open the roof after 6 months it did not open. So I found out that it probably does not close 100% but 99,9% since the crash. The window wants to go down but it 'thinks' that there is something in the way, it needs 1 mm more space between the car and the door I think. It happens 1 in 10 tries and I can also get it open without opening door by pressing up and down for like 5 - 6 times in a row.
Last edited by DavidGilmour on Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I understand now David.
Thanks, Ron
Ron

chris2kilv

Post by chris2kilv »

I had a rear end bump in April and the car is still in the bodyshop where it has been for 6 weeks! The bodywork has been done but the roof will not open. It makes a noise as if it will open but then it doesn't. Diagnostics says the electrics are OK. I have been told they will have to strip down the hydraulic system to find what is wrong and repair it at a cost of up to £3000!! If they find the fault is due to the bump - insurers will pay - otherwise and it is down to me. The roof worked fine the week before the accident. I will try and get to see the car and look at the hinges on the boot lid. The catch was definitely affected and it was severely slammed to shut it after it had been bent in the impact. Any other ideas that may help? I would be very grateful. Cheers.

lucylockettx

Post by lucylockettx »

Thanks Samantha!

You have made my day, it worked!
Bloody peugeot wanted £76 just to look at it (Doncaster Peugeot), Worksop wanted £39 (not so bad) and in the end thanks to this post it didn't cost me a penny and took all of two minutes!

How do these people in servicing sleep at night? And why don't Peugeot put this in their manual? Becasue they want the money.

Just phoned Worksop Peugeot and I'm waiting for them to call me back. Doncaster Peugeot can wait as I'm going into see them on Saturday and writing to Trading Standards and Watchdog!

jay20

Post by jay20 »

I have tried to turn the white clips but they dont seem to budge. Is there a special way of doing this????
Jay

serenity

Post by serenity »

:scratch:
can any one out there help, the roof goes down fine, then when i go to put it back up thats it. got to give the poor thing a hand getting it back up. the motor is running fine. been to garage they say low on hydralic fluid..... does any one know how to fill up......... and where to buy fluid from as peugot does not stock it........