New Member - Help

Anything related to the 206CC
Shell-e

Post by Shell-e »

Hi All,

New member here.... need some help!

Just registered as I hope to be a 206cc owner soon but need some help.

What's the difference between the S, SE, Allure (any more?)

I went to a dealers today and they tried to sell me the £11,000 used car. That seems a lot.

What can I expect to pay for a used one?

Should I get a used one? Or do I really need warranty?

I didn’t want to buy a brand new one but am worried as everyone Ive told im getting a 206cc have said 'Oh they have lots of problems' but I love it so much!

Anyway I want to spend a max of £9,000 and thought I might be able to get an ok used one for that - I would like to get one for less if I could obviously.

I have seen a couple today 2005 reg with 32,000 miles for £9900 (would try to get down to 9) and a 53 (2001) reg, 21,000 miles for £8900. In this instance what would be better? Older car less mileage or newer car more mileage?

Is there a cut off point mileage wise or a guide to what I can look out for - I know its a bit random but I mean dont go for any cars over 30,000 or is there a mileage range where things seems to go pearshaped?

I purchased my Ford KA over 3 years ago used. It’s a 2001 Reg. Never had a problem with it (so why am I risking changing it? Not sure really) anyway the warranty was never used in the 3 yrs from new or the warranty I was given when I purchased it.

My hubby has a golf R32 on a 53 plate and never had any probs and the warranty has just run out.

I want one so much but my KA costs me £32 a month insurance wise, next to nothing to fill up and there is not that much that can go wrong with it but I don’t want to deprive myself of the car I want!
Last edited by Shell-e on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Its luck of the draw as to whether you get a good car or not, generally the older models suffer with more problems so go for an 04 - onwards model.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Hi All,

New member here.... need some help!
:thumbs:Welcome !!!

Just registered as I hope to be a 206cc owner soon but need some help.

What's the difference between the S, SE, Allure (any more?)
:scratch:S is base model, SE used to be top model, Allure is now top model. There were other special editions too.

I went to a dealers today and they tried to sell me the £11,000 used car. That seems a lot.
:scratch:Depends what year, mileage, spec etc.

What can I expect to pay for a used one?
:scratch:Depends what year, mileage, spec etc.

Should I get a used one? Or do I really need warranty?
:sorry:Used with your budget as £9k won't buy a new one.

I didn’t want to buy a brand new one but am worried as everyone Ive told im getting a 206cc have said 'Oh they have lots of problems' but I love it so much!
:thumbs:We have had no problems with ours.

Anyway I want to spend a max of £9,000 and thought I might be able to get an ok used one for that - I would like to get one for less if I could obviously.

I have seen a couple today 2005 reg with 32,000 miles for £9900 (would try to get down to 9) and a 53 (2001) reg, 21,000 miles for £8900. In this instance what would be better? Older car less mileage or newer car more mileage?
:scratch:Newer car more mileage as long as it has FSH.

Is there a cut off point mileage wise or a guide to what I can look out for - I know its a bit random but I mean dont go for any cars over 30,000 or is there a mileage range where things seems to go pearshaped?
:Yes:5 years old or 60K would mean cambelt change is due if not replaced already. Fairly expensive job.

I purchased my Ford KA over 3 years ago used. It’s a 2001 Reg. Never had a problem with it (so why am I risking changing it? Not sure really) anyway the warranty was never used in the 3 yrs from new or the warranty I was given when I purchased it.
:scratch:A much simpler car, but steering racks can go on them, and spark plugs can rust tight into the cylinder head.

My hubby has a golf R32 on a 53 plate and never had any probs and the warranty has just run out.
:thumbs:Nice car when serviced properly.

I want one so much but my KA costs me £32 a month insurance wise, next to nothing to fill up and there is not that much that can go wrong with it but I don’t want to deprive myself of the car I want!
:hyper:Commonsense says stick with your car, but your heart will tell you otherwise. Keep the Ka as a runabout and get a 206CC for the special occasions. We kept our Corsa but still bought the 206cc as well. I also have my Merc when we need a big car.

Best wishes, Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

P50CKY

Post by P50CKY »

hey i agree with grandadmonkey. i have kept my ka its a great cheap little soldier especially seems its only costing you £32 a month for insurance. i would say get a cc. i love mine best thing i ever did. its great mines a 52plate 2.0l and hasnt let me down apart from the odd few niggles mainly with the aftermarket products come to think of it.

Its hit and miss with these cars as to whether you get a good or bad one. i'd go for summat a little younger probably summat just coming out of warranty so anything you needed to get done you still can. that way you benefit from it being cheaper and also can possibly get the car repaired. thats what i did with mine.

You need to look for squeeky brakes as this tends to be a problem on these cars. passenger airbag warning sensors. leaky roofs. and where the window meets the roof you need to check the seal there. from front to back. sounds bizarre but if your buying second hand ask the seller to run through a car wash or put water over the seals this usually points out the loose parts for water to come through. on the odd few cars usually the earlier models i've read that some ppl have had problems with their panels not lining up correctly. hence go for a younger model.

Over all though dont hesitate in getting one you wont regret it if you find a decent one
They've taken everything that i've had to give and, They say its over man but i'm still here livin', I don't no what to do, I think that maybe, I'm in over my head.......

Shell-e

Post by Shell-e »

Hi All,

I have put a deposit down on one.

I dont like the wheels but yesterday there was 26 on the site I was looking at - 3 of which I was interested in now 2 of the 3 have gone. It should be at my local dealers by the end of the week. I get the deposit back if I dont want it.

I want to change the tail lights, i want chrome lexus lights - can anoyone recommend a decent company?

I also want to change the hoops rear fog light and break light. How much would a garage charge for doing these changes - I know you will say to do them myself but I fitted a bulb to my KA recently and it failed its MOT because of it!
Last edited by Shell-e on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

P50CKY

Post by P50CKY »

hi ebay is usually a good place to start or right here on the forum. :thumbs:

regarding costs of fitting the hoops should take no longer than 15 mins the rear clusters around 45 mins or less usually simply bolt on/off and plug and play but the rear brake light not sure never fitted one i'd assume it wouldnt take that long. so id say pay for 1hr and half tops labour. dunno what the hrly rate is at the moment

local garage should be able to do all of these mods quite simply. beware though modifications can void warranties if your getting one.
They've taken everything that i've had to give and, They say its over man but i'm still here livin', I don't no what to do, I think that maybe, I'm in over my head.......

Dan

Post by Dan »

Shell-e these changes are very easy. I've done them myself and it's worth doing them to save the money that the garage will charge.

We can give instructions to do the changes here and if you do have trouble then you can always go to the garage afterwards. (But its worth having a go) :D

Dabz

Post by Dabz »

where abouts are you shell-e? Maybe someone on here could pop round and help fit them to save you a bit of cash?

Shell-e

Post by Shell-e »

I would try myself but I recently changed a bulb on my KA and it failed its MOT :(

I might give it a go but im worried if I mess it up im stuffed! I know its sounds silly but I have long nails and they are not very good in these situations! I broke 2 when I changed the grill on my KA :Yes:

I wouldnt expect anyone to do it for nothing... there would be some drinking money in it if someone could help lol I live in Enfield, North London / Middlesex.

I hope the dealers call me soon.... I want to see it... I want to have it!

suzie-sue

Post by suzie-sue »

I just bought a 206cc and no one know whether it is an Allure or the SE, can you tell me the difference?? Is there a particularly noticeable one as I dont want my insurance to be invalid!!

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

When was it first registered? What engine size is it?
Ron

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

suzie-sue wrote:I just bought a 206cc and no one know whether it is an Allure or the SE, can you tell me the difference?? Is there a particularly noticeable one as I dont want my insurance to be invalid!!
You can check out the differences in specifications for different versions and years on this site:

eg. 2002 SE, 2003 SE, 2003 Allure etc. In fact all of them.

http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/motoring/ca ... 81998-%29/

Let us know which yours is after examining it.

Ron
Ron