206cc to BMW 1 series

Post in here if ya owned a CC but moved on
T_J

Post by T_J »

It has gone.

Picked up the new car last friday and drove straight down to the Cotswolds for the weekend.

The 206cc was fun in the summer (that is when something wasn't wrong with it), but the BMW will be much more reliable in the winter.

No more days of when it snows and i can't get in to work.

Anybody got any info on the beemer.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Sorry, is that beemer or bummer? :rolleyes:

Hope you get on well with your new car.

Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

be careful in the winter with your rearwheel drive 1 series :shock:

nice choice btw :)
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

T_J

Post by T_J »

be careful in the winter with your rearwheel drive 1 series :shock:

nice choice btw :)
Hi

I changed the 206cc because of winter, isn't rear wheel drive any good.

hottest_cc2

Post by hottest_cc2 »

rear wheel drive and the wet don't really mix at all... my boyfs mr2 used to spin out for no reason at all other than it was wet...

not driven the supra much in the rain, but god help us if the turbos kick in lol

you just have to be careful with rwd's in the wet, be over cautious I'd say and don't try accelerating quickly or breaking harshly :D
used to be hottest_cc...but changed my e-mail addy by mistake & now I can't get my password reminder...Oh well, that's why I'm hottest_cc2!

Dan

Post by Dan »

If you cant get up a hill in icey conditions its best to reverse up it with rear wheel drive ;)

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

yes in snow and very wet weather a rearwheel car can be a hand full if drive like a loon, just be careful until your used to it :)

i've never driven in snow but with 276bhp to the rear wheels and not much traction, it can't be much fun :shock:
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

carl

Post by carl »

Yes, in the snow you really need narrow tyres, not fat summer tyres. Even the Subaru Impreza I had was crap in the snow -- constantly being overtaken by people in 1.2 Novas.

Fortunately ABS, EBD, DSC+ etc. in a 1-series should keep you on the straight and narrow. When it snows I just leave the TVR in the garage. In fact, when it's raining I just pootle about like an old dear.
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=442]Ex owner number 442[/url]

Nobby

Post by Nobby »

I used to drive an old Sierra. When it snowed bad once I put a couple of heavy machine motors in the boot to get some weight over the rear, worked a treat as I recall.
Agean Blue 2.0 SE, Colour Coded Bumpers And Rubbing Strips, Lexus Lights, Sports Grille, Chrome Hoops.
Member No 775

hottest_cc2

Post by hottest_cc2 »

i've never driven in snow but with 276bhp to the rear wheels and not much traction, it can't be much fun :shock:
the mr2 was bad and that had just over 200bhp.... like i said, not really had bad weather since we got the supra, but not looking forward to winter lol last time it was rolling roaded it came back as 346bhp and we've done more bits since then :shock:
used to be hottest_cc...but changed my e-mail addy by mistake & now I can't get my password reminder...Oh well, that's why I'm hottest_cc2!