Getting interior plastics back to their original matt finish

hints'n'tip plus products.
StuRS

Post by StuRS »

Hi
My fiances 206cc has gone back to get a few items sorted out and she currently has a courtesy car.

There is a couple of years between them but I think my fiances has had an interior plastic/rubber polish applied and although looks black, it is a too shiny for my liking. The courtesy car is more a dark grey and a matt finish.

Are there any treatments/cleaners that can be used to return the plastics back to this matt colour? All the bumper/plastics care seem to be focused on making them all shiny. :rolleyes:

Thanks
Stu

Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Try some car interior shampoo. Autoglym's Interior shampoo is a good one.
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=351]Owner 351[/url]

StuRS

Post by StuRS »

Try some car interior shampoo. Autoglym's Interior shampoo is a good one.
Thanks, I will give that a go. I need to do the leather aswell, that should keep me busy over easter :mrgreen:

Regards
Stu

Jussi

Post by Jussi »

If you do the leather also, try Autoglym's Leather Care Cream and their new product: Leather cleaner.
I have used Care Cream for my Esprit and it's a nice stuff, though it's a bit messy job to do. Leather Cleaner might be better cause it's a spray-thing :)

StuRS

Post by StuRS »

If you do the leather also, try Autoglym's Leather Care Cream and their new product: Leather cleaner.
I have used Care Cream for my Esprit and it's a nice stuff, though it's a bit messy job to do. Leather Cleaner might be better cause it's a spray-thing :)
Thanks for the recommendation. I have a bottle of Turtle Wax leather care cream (3 for 2 offer) which I will try first. I have so many half bottles of various polishes and treatments I need to uses them all up before I get too carried away with buying more.

From previously owned cars I still have: Meguiars Gold class wax, Autoglym Super resin polish, Autoglym Show shine, Autoglym bumper care, Autoglym interior Rubber & plastic, Autoglym bug & tar remover, Turtle wax tire shine, Turtle wax Leather cream, Turtle wax High gloss sealant, Turtle wax High gloss wax, Turtle wax blue wax & chipstick.

I should really get rid of some of them & I am sure my fiance must think I am obsessed! 8)

Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Sounds like you have a good collection of auto-care products :) I'm sure your fiance has more cosmetic-products.
Sometimes I feel like I have more products than our local store, that's scary :lol:

StuRS

Post by StuRS »

I'm sure your fiance has more cosmetic-products.
More than likely ;)

StuRS

Post by StuRS »

I gave the Autoglym Interior shampoo and the interior pad a go and it worked wonders! It got rid of all that tacky shine and is an nice clean matt finish. Smells pretty good too :)

Thanks for the recommendations :thumbs:

Did have a small problem with the leather but will touch on that in another thread.