beep during opening roof

All your roof problems here.
Gergo

Post by Gergo »

I'm using my cc for 2 month. A month ago it started to beep in the middle of the opening process and stopped. When I pulled the button again, it opened, but at the end it was really slow. (But it opened and beeped at the end, so it was strange, but more or less ok).

But yesterday it beeped again while the roof was halfway open and stopped, but this time it wouldn't open fully no matter how many times I pulled the button. After restarting the engine a few times I was at least able to close it, but it stopped and beeped at least 5 times during the process.

Has anyone got the same problem? What was the solution?

Gergo

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

common problem - maybe a faulty microswitch, the roof as about 5 or 6 switches, if it's still under warranty just take it back to your local peugeot dealer, should be a easy fix :)
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

Gergo

Post by Gergo »

My problem is, that the car is not 4 years old, so I don't have a varranty any more. And I live in Hungary, where there is only a hundred cc's in the country, so the dealers have absolutely no idea, how to repair anything...
So I'd like to have as much information as possible before taking the car to a mechanic:

Are the microswitches "active" while the roof moves? I thought the sensors are active when the roof is open or closed, but inactive when the roof is in move?!

Does anyone know exactly how many microswitches are there and where they are?

Gergo

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

the best person to get in touch with is reap off this forum,he's a peugeot tech head and really knows his stuff :)
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

Ypwpat

Post by Ypwpat »

i just had the car in the dealer to check the same problem with my roof (open half way only and stuck) and they told me the cost to reapair is AU$4000 installed :shock: I told them whether it's actually the microswitch is the causes, but they said it's being checked by the Peugeot technician and lead to the Valvanoid in the Pump is jammed. But i don't wanna believe them if it's true :cry:

sash

Post by sash »

i had the very same problem took my car to marshalls in newbury the garage and swore blind there was nothing wrong with it.....
After it happening a few more times i popped it onto wokingham motors in wokingham they were brill they put my car on a computer and could see it was a certain sensor playing up. i now have no problems :D

sash

Post by sash »

i had the very same problem took my car to marshalls in newbury the garage swore blind there was nothing wrong with it.....
After it happening a few more times i popped it onto wokingham motors in wokingham they were brill they put my car on a computer and could see it was a certain sensor playing up. i now have no problems :D

Ypwpat

Post by Ypwpat »

has anyone in this forum that has the Roof Pump Failure? because i read most of you people had the roof problem is led to the MIcroswitch problem.

andrew

Post by andrew »

I lost some hyrdolic oil on my 206cc that made is jurkey ... once they topped up it never did it again.
-- Andrew
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=429]Ex-Owner 429, now 307cc180[/url]