Tyres?

Other things in here.......
lyn2004

Post by lyn2004 »

Hi,

I need two new front tyres for my 206CC 2.0 16v, it's got Goodyear 205 45ZR16 83W 's on at the moment, are these what people would recommend? I've seen some Pirelli's too, are they better?? I don't drive it tooooo fast but like an alround gripping tyre!

Thanks for any comments, new member so please be patient with my questions!!

206 CC 2.0 SE Moonstone

DPH

Post by DPH »

Welcome aboard Lyn

I haven't used the Goodyears personally but the Pirelli's are really good that I have on my CC. They are especially good in the wet and have a built in anti tailgating facility in the wet.......they throw up so much spray nobody can get near the back of the car hahaha.

Ed_shek

Post by Ed_shek »

I don't rate Pirelli's after having tried out the old P6000 on a fiesta and felt they don't grip well in the wet.

Try Toyo Proxies as they are highly rated!
Eddy

Owner 422

Aluminium 206cc 1.6s. 17" Mille Miglia Evo's, 205/40 Eagle F1's, EBC Turbo Groove Front Discs, Greenstuff pads. Custom ICE Install, Lexus Rear Lights and Chrome Hoops

Alig

Post by Alig »

Hi Lyn and welcome to the site :D :wave:

I've got Hankooks (or Auroras as they're known now) on my 16" alloys (as they came with them). I'm really impressed with them in both the dry and the wet. And they're pretty cheap compared to Toyo's.

I used to be a serious fan of Dunlop Sports on previous cars, as the softer compound gives a superb grip. But they were alot more expensive.

Shop around as prices seem to vary greatly, whatever you choose.
Ali G

Used to own a Moonstone with personal plate, bits and pieces..and littlen's car seat :-)

lyn2004

Post by lyn2004 »

Thanks for the lovely welcome to the site, and all the advice, I'll look around and see whats available.

cheers :lol:
206 CC 2.0 SE Moonstone

djviper

Post by djviper »

go for proxes or yoko prada 2's there worth the money cant fault either