Pugmatic fitted - what a difference it makes!

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
slimgym

Post by slimgym »

I noticed the Pugmatic mentioned on here a while back and waited over the winter to see if the price would drop, but no such luck so took the plunge. Anyhow, it is a doddle to fit, I attached it to the top of the CPU in the boot using double sided velcro as per the attached which might be of use to anyone else doing it as it shows the orientation of the plugs and the cable wiring (since the cable that plugs into the yellow connector is unkeyed):

Probably the hardest part was getting the boot carpet back afterwards, the carpet you have to remove to fit the unit sits behind the carpet that's under the roller blind, if that makes sense, and the cable from the CPU fits in there somewhere as well!

Whilst you could probably accomplish what the Pugmatic does with a change of switch and a defeat of the speed-sensing mechanism, the Pugmatic is a profesionally made box which 'fools' the CPU into completing the movement without you having to hold the button, and also up to 30mph. Looking through the hole in the top I could see a PCB and some surface mount chips, so it's hardly a DIY job and has probably taken months of research to figure out how to accomplish this.

I've certainly found the roof is down a lot more than it had been in the past, even testing it at 11pm down a chilly country lane was a bit of a buzz!

There are other units appearing on Ebayfrom a Germancompany and though these are cheaper they only do one or the other function, i.e. fingerless roof deploy or increase of speed, and not both functions in one box. They are RRP €129 too!
Dave

boyracer

Post by boyracer »

I agree with you entirely !

I've got the CMC40Wind installed in my car. It's the only one in Australia.

The best thing is knowing that I can put the roof up and down in the middle of peak hour traffic, etc... and not worry about having to get going again before the roof finishes it's cycle. I used to always pull over into a side street if I wanted to put the roof up or down.
Cheers,
Michael

:shock: [url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=575]Owner 575[/url]

Alig

Post by Alig »

Hmm...sort of tempted...though the traffic jams are so bad around here I've done the roof whilst sitting in the queue, no problem! :lol:

Has anyone got supplier/cost/fitting details/website?

Thanx :D
Ali G

Used to own a Moonstone with personal plate, bits and pieces..and littlen's car seat :-)

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

it's www.pugmatic.co.uk, run by greenday from this very forum :D
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

slimgym

Post by slimgym »

I've done the roof whilst sitting in the queue, no problem!
The other thing of course is it's hands free, you pull the control up for a half second or so and it carries on with the rest of the operation automatically. That was the other thing, sitting at a red light, go for the roof, lights change, not only have you got to crawl along at 5mph but you need to keep your hand on the button until it's done!!!
Dave

traceys

Post by traceys »

So you can check your hair and touch up your lipgloss at the same time as the roof is going about it's business?? How much are they?? :lol:
Life's too short to drive around with your roof up.

Alig

Post by Alig »

The one touch/hands free would definitely be useful...when I park up at work, I'm usually holding the roof button with one hand and gathering bits into my handbag with the other!

I think it'll be a goer once the current round of mods are finished :D
Ali G

Used to own a Moonstone with personal plate, bits and pieces..and littlen's car seat :-)

RickJAndrsn

Post by RickJAndrsn »

Another thing to be fitted huh??? Line 'em up... ;-)

Rick
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=588]Owner 588[/url]

ukdy

Post by ukdy »

it really is a godsend.

pulling out of my road/the office/car parks.... i rarely go over 25mph and so this is perfect to be able to put the roof down before i get going!

it would be nice to have the version with the remote control, but kinda pointless seeing as you'd need to unlock the roof first!!

slimgym

Post by slimgym »

pulling out of my road/the office/car parks.... i rarely go over 25mph and so this is perfect to be able to put the roof down before i get going!
Ditto, even last night when it was only 18 degrees outside it's great to get the roof down and I don't fancy stopping on dark country lanes to do it :D
Dave

boyracer

Post by boyracer »

They're very handsfree.

I'm now in the habit of letting the roof go thru it's motions whilst I light a ciggie, plug my phone in, grab my wallet or even go back into the house to grab things. You should see people's faces when the roof's doing it's thing and they realise there's nobody in the car !

It's also very pleasant surprising people who spent a heap more on their convertibles (Merc, BMW, Volvo, etc) and can't drive at up to 40km/h whilst operating their roof !

I fitted the Pugmatic to my car when it was just 2 months old. I've had my car for 6 months now. No probs! And the roof is off as often as possible.

And, by the way - I'm the distributor for Australia & New Zealand. So, I'll be happy to help any Aussies or Kiwis who are interested.
Cheers,
Michael

:shock: [url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=575]Owner 575[/url]

Hedders

Re: Pugmatic fitted - what a difference it makes!

Post by Hedders »

Holy thread revival Batman..

Does anyone know if these units are still available, Google doesn't come up with anything and www.pugmatic.co.uk doesn't seem to exist.
2006 Black 206cc 'Sport' . 75000 miles. Recently purchased from Gumtree for £500.

Roll on, summer!!

cooknl

Post by cooknl »

yeah I would like to know the same , also looking for a pugmatic or similar box.

If anyone has any ideas as to where there is a used one for sale i would also be interested.

Thx Rob

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Hedders

Post by Hedders »

Thanks for that Ruby.

I am a little concerned that the company say they include full installation instructions in English yet they are not able to translate their own FAQ into English !

But thanks for the link , I may well consider this mod!
2006 Black 206cc 'Sport' . 75000 miles. Recently purchased from Gumtree for £500.

Roll on, summer!!