Dashboard Glare in Sunlight !!!!!!!(Amongst other things !)

All your other probs if any.
Kim SB

Post by Kim SB »

:evil:

Hi everyone,

I purchased the 206CCSE in March 2002,What a mistake !!!!Thank goodness I found this web site and found I was not alone in my problems.
I can relate to most of the concerns you have all had.The only one I can not find that I have experienced which I think is bad is the reflection off the dashboard in sunlight,sometimes its so bad I had to pull over and wait for a cloud.Has anyone else had this ??My CC in in the garage AGAIN on Monday 30/9 to have an inspector from Peugeot check out my concerns .IE brakes,doors,electrics,creaks and bangs etc.I have read about the REJECTION process,excuse my ignorance but what does that mean? can you give the car back without incurring any costs,like payment penalties from the finance company ?
I have had problems from day one and Peugoet have known for 3 months.I saw the MD of the garage on Monday of this week so my Emails have got to her level.My joy would be to give the car back with no costs incurred and I would love my £1800 deposit back,What chance to I have ????
Thanks for this Forum is greats!!!

M275

Post by M275 »

I have the same issue with glare on my screen...

Its due to the fact that I spray my dash so it shines... this is what causes it to reflect...

I do know of someone else that drives a CC that doesnt put anything on her dash - it looks dull and non-shiny but she gets no glare...

M
http://www.m275.com/car

MMMM Dont you just love it!!!

Kim SB

Post by Kim SB »

:!:
Hi
Thanks for the reply,to be honest I have not polished the dash since I had the car ! I have been so demoralised since that day I can be bothered.So it must be the crap the manufacturer put on it ,do you suggest anything to make in dull again,beacause I think its only a matter of time time I run into something or someone.?

Cheers

M275

Post by M275 »

I'd use some white spirit or a degreasant....

Something like that should take the shine off

Also - Ive noticed that if the windscreen is dusty it makes it worse....

M
http://www.m275.com/car

MMMM Dont you just love it!!!

Juan

Post by Juan »

i agree with M275, maybe is something the dealer put on it, like a silicone based cleaner to make it shine and look cleaner, i had the same problem on an opel corsa, so what i did, i took some real soft hand soap (liquid of course) and put some on it ( mixed with water of course) , it took a while to get ride of it but it worked.
hope this helps.
juan :)
Why are u reading this???