Plastic guide for rear window mechanism

Anything related to the 206CC
goltho

Plastic guide for rear window mechanism

Post by goltho »

The passenger side rear window has been walking about and sticking on closing, so I stripped out everything to expose the mechanism. I found that the white plastic guide as shown on the attached library pic is broken, hence the excessive backwards & forwards movement of the glass and its failure to be guided to closure correctly.

Does anyone either know of or have this guide? Servicebox doesn't appear to itemise it on the diagram and I really don't want to replace the entire mechanism for one screw-on piece of plastic. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan 2004 (53) 206cc/1.6L Allure/83k/black

IanL

Re: Plastic guide for rear window mechanism

Post by IanL »

Try scrapyards.

goltho

Post by goltho »

IanL wrote:Try scrapyards.
Yep, it's always an option but there are none anywhere near me. I'd rather research getting a replacement part off the shelf (or off eBay, whatever :roll:) than travel a distance & remove the mechanism all over again in a muddy field to get what may be a brittle and worn part. A part number would be a good start. :)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Check on ebay for CCs that are being broken and contacting the sellers ..
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

IanL

Post by IanL »

As it is not a separately identified item in Servicebox, there is no Peugeot Part number to be had. The item is long obsolete, so it is unlikely there will be manufacturing stock, even supposing you could identify the manufacturer.

There are numerous repair kits on eBay, but they do not include that part. You can get a complete assembly for less than £30 on eBay - "Peugeot 206CC rear window regulator motor"

goltho

Post by goltho »

I realise it's no longer available from Peugeot. The other two guides however are available as aftermarket items so it's not outside the bounds of possibility that someone may have info on the third one which is all that's inoperative on mine. It is always an option to order a replacement assembly but I'm still asking the question about the broken guide meantime.

goltho

Post by goltho »

I removed the mechanism yesterday which was much easier than I'd anticipated. I'd reached the end of the road with clip research so drove some miles to my nearest scrappy and pulled another mechanism out a front-end damaged car. A quick lubrication & reinstall and the job was jobbed. :)

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Thanks for letting us know the outcome, and well done to Ian and Gazza for their advice which led to the solution.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Heny

Post by Heny »

Have same problem, not had chance to remove yet as dealing with other issues first, but wondered if you noticed the item is able to be detached and replaced if I can get replacement?
2001 Y Reg
2.0 Litre
75k + mls

:love-thx:

goltho

Post by goltho »

If you read the updates above, you'll see the guide is long obsolete.