Constant beep while car moving

All your roof problems here.
Xabiman

Constant beep while car moving

Post by Xabiman »

Hi:

I have a 2003 Peugeot 206 cc 2.0 GTI and I have a problem: when the car is moving, a very low but annoying constant beep is heard and it stops when the car stops. No fault light comes on or gives any error. From what I have read, it looks like a roof sensor, but it works correctly, it goes up and down without problem automatically.

The only thing that I have observed, that I suppose that something will have to do, is that to lower the roof, first I have to lower the windows from the button of the windows, they are not automatically lowered from the button of the hood, but that the hood begins to automatically lower without first lowering the windows. And there is no sound when roof is completely opened or closed, I must stop to press button.

Do you know what I can do and what would be the solution? If it were something of a roof sensor, would the repair be very expensive? In my usual workshop (not Peugeot) they have put the diagnosis and have not located any error of the beep, I guess it is something that can only be located in a Peugeot workshop, right? Any help or suggestions? Is it possible to reset system by myself to try if it works? How to do this?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

Peugeot 206 cc 2.0 GTI 2003

IanL

Re: Constant beep while car moving

Post by IanL »

This problem is often caused by the roof ECU not receiving the speed signal. If the speedometer is not working, it is probably caused by the speed sensor in the gearbox; otherwise it could be a wiring fault.

Note: To diagnose the roof system, the Peugeot Planet diagnostic system is required. The diagnostic system of most non-Peugeot garages probably cannot do this.