Shark antenna - replace current cable with new ones

Anything related to the 206CC
mulle1976

Shark antenna - replace current cable with new ones

Post by mulle1976 »

Hi all,

I have bought a sharkfin antenna (GPS, DAB and FM aerial) and now I need to open up the side-roof panels (I think) so I can replace the current cabel with the three new ones. I have searched the internet and youtube for videos of that but I haven't found any guidelines.

Does anyone know any good link on how to do this? I dont want to just try and do it with the risk of breaking stuff.

BR Rickie :)

IanL

Re: Shark antenna - replace current cable with new ones

Post by IanL »

The best technical info source is the Peugeot Service Box.

You can register as an independent (NOT a private individual) and, once logged in, insert the last eight digits of your VIN and get content applicable to your car. Parts listings and diagrams are free access, but repair procedures and wiring info are pay-to-view. Alternatively, you can get the same as a download here for £9.99. Highly recommended. The repair procedures give illustrated instructions for what you want.

MartinMax

Post by MartinMax »

In order to make the replacement first you need to remove the dome light and fixture:
1. Using a small flat head screwdriver pull out the light.
You will need to do this gently by pushing from the side opposite of the switch.
2. Once the light is out, there are two plastic clips that hold the light fixture (round beige plastic)

After that you need to remove the top trim part:
3. Unscrew the 2 screws on each side that hold the sun visors (small Torx) and pul out the visors.
4. Apart from the sun-visors, the top trim is held by 4 clips that will easily pop out.

Next, you will need to remove the side trim (plastic) where the antenna lead goes.
5. There is 1 Torx screw on the top of the side trim (you will see it when you remove the top trim)
6. After that just pull gently and it will come out.

after removing the side trim, you will see where the antenna lead goes under the dash.

I avoided using left-right since my car has the steering wheel on the left.

Hope this helps,
Please post pictures of the final look.
---------------------------
2001 206cc 2.0 S16
Silver with matte black accents...

mulle1976

Post by mulle1976 »

Great guys! Thank you so much. Both your posts are very helpful :-) I'm waiting for some paint job to be done to then antenna, but hopefully I can get on with it this weekend :-)
I live in Denmark, so my car is also left-steer. Not sure that I understand which way is the best to do - left (mine) or right?

Can you maybe also recommend some serious seat cover supplier of great quality?

Br Rickie

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Silly question but is it going to look right on the top of the screen?

Most shark fins are on the rear of the roof ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

MartinMax

Post by MartinMax »

mulle1976 wrote:I live in Denmark, so my car is also left-steer. Not sure that I understand which way is the best to do - left (mine) or right?
Can you maybe also recommend some serious seat cover supplier of great quality?

Br Rickie
As far as I remember, the power lead for the dome light goes on the driver side of the windscreen and the antenna lead goes by the passenger side. This is to avoid interference.

My seats are leather, so no idea for the seat cover supplier :)

+1 on qazza82's question about how it will look on top of the screen.
2001 206cc 2.0 S16

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

I think the question about seat covers has been asked before.

The CC (in fact the 206 range) is so old now it is unlikely anyone makes them so you are down to trying to find something on ebay or getting a local company to make some, but they will probably need yours as the template, so your seats will be destroyed too!

Most owners simply try and find a breaker who has a better set.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

MartinMax

Post by MartinMax »

Actually, there is a company here in Macedonia that makes custom-fit covers for various cars. They made seat covers for my old Twingo '97, by simply measuring the seats, no need to destroy them.
On the other hand, you are probably better off finding an upholstery shop and checking if they can replace the fabric altogether.
2001 206cc 2.0 S16