Advice needed re: nearside mirror replacement for 07'

Anything related to the 206CC
Pug206

Advice needed re: nearside mirror replacement for 07'

Post by Pug206 »

Hi everyone, need a bit of advice please. I've pushed my nearside mirror unit in to try and prevent it from being damaged whilst parked and due to it being a bit stiff, it has now broken - grr! The electrics all work still but think that the coil inside has now gone so looking to get one from a breakers yard etc. It's an allure on a 2007 plate and just want to know if I can buy a secondhand one from a 2004 model as have heard that there may be different wiring. Any help would be most appreciated!

IanL

Re: Advice needed re: nearside mirror replacement for 07'

Post by IanL »

I did exactly the same thing. Now I lubricate them with GT85 periodically, to prevent a recurrence.

Yes, there is a wiring change - the harness socket and wiring plug are different on newer cars. The change occurred from RPO 09457, which is a production date of 30 Sept. 2002, so you will be ok with a 2004. The RPO number appears on the driver's door post.

Aftermarket replacements are available, but the plug colours do not always match the originals, so do not try to match them that way. This is a new one - it has ten pins (seven wired) - link.

Also, the hatchback mirrors do not fit the doors.

Pug206

Post by Pug206 »

Hi Ian

Thanks for the advice about doing that as really annoyed that it broke so easily. Also, it's a real pain trying to find the correct mirror secondhand believe it or not and I don't want to have to take the original mirror off again as worried about getting it back on as am no car mechanic!

I specified the registration number, VIN and year of car and still got sent the wrong mirror sent which is really frustrating. I've had a look on the drivers door post and can only see a 10 digit number above the paint code so not sure if it's elsewhere?

I'm very reluctant to get another mirror from a breakers yard given the bad experience I've had but I guess it's just a case of drawing a line under it and looking for another one I guess.

I've had a look at the link and will give them a call thanks.

Yes, I realised that the hatchback mirrors are no good as well as slightly different shape.

On a different note, do you know much about bearings as there is a slight whine when pulling away/coming to a stop and Peugeot have said that its the bearing in the gearbox. It's only done 45k and up until now nothing has really gone wrong with it. Just wondering if this is a common fault with this model and whether there is anything i can do other then getting the gearbox looked at.

Thanks again :-)

IanL

Post by IanL »

Is the whine there when idling in neutral either when pressing the clutch or when the clutch is released?

Pug206

Post by Pug206 »

No, there's no whine until you start to release/engage the clutch at slow speed. It's not a terrible noise but I just want to get it sorted without having to spend loads of money! I generally get the car serviced every 12,000 miles so will do that shortly as a precautionary measure too.

IanL

Post by IanL »

It could be the clutch release bearing.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Btw, here's a link to a pic of a Pug RP No. aka ORGA aka DAM.

The last two digits are the factory code (88=Mulhouse), so the RP no is 10348