206CC 2.0 S16 EURO norm

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
MartinMax

206CC 2.0 S16 EURO norm

Post by MartinMax »

There is a new law passed in my country that requires every car to have an ecology sticker defining its level of pollution. By these stickers (Green, Yellow, Red) the usage of a car will be prohibited on days with high air pollution.

Now the law states that:
- cars with EURO5 and higher will have a green label.
- cars with EURO3, EURO4 will have a yellow label.
- cars with EURO2 and lower will have a red label.

Additionally:
- cars with EURO3 or EURO4 that have LPG system fitted will be labeled Green
- cars with EURO3 or EURO4 that have systems fitted in order to reach the norms of EURO5 will get a Gren label.

Now my question is:
- What is the EURO norm for the 206CC (2.0 petrol) and where can it be confirmed?
- Does anyone have experience with fitting LPG?

and most important,
Is there anything that can be done to change (improve) the EURO rating of the car and reach the EURO5 norm?

Martin
---------------------------
2001 206cc 2.0 S16
Silver with matte black accents...

IanL

Re: 206CC 2.0 S16 EURO norm

Post by IanL »

In general, 2001-2005 cars will be EURO 3, see here.

salvadormurena

Post by salvadormurena »

Hi. You must check the 206 history years ago... The Peugeot 206 2.0 136CV from Spain and England was named GTi; the rest of Europe was named S16. There are no difference between both models, in the rest of the world it depend of the import procedence. BUT the only country the Peugeot 206 S16 (or GTi) was different is Portugal: the interior was the same but the engine was an 1.6 110CV.

My 206 CC 2.0 138CV is an Euro3 (yellow)
Peugeot 206cc 2.0 S16 138CV

- multiplexed
- Euro3

MartinMax

Post by MartinMax »

Well, I found the original import documents and my car is (no surprise) EURO3.

The thing that I don't understand (and I did not find anything on internet) is what can be done to reduce the emissions and improve the EURO rank?

I definitely don't want to go the LPG way, as it will eat up the boot space (already taken by sub/amp box).

But could it be done by a re-map or different cat-convertor?
2001 206cc 2.0 S16

IanL

Post by IanL »

I think that "cars with EURO3 or EURO4 that have systems fitted in order to reach the norms of EURO5 will get a Green label" refers to kits that have been developed to make certain fleets (e.g. taxis) more acceptable. I gather these do exist or are in development for certain diesel models. I expect that the kit is submitted (fitted to the target vehicle) for official testing in order to gain the certification sought.

Unless someone had developed a kit for your car, and has achieved certification (which is highly unlikely), I don't think you're in with a chance.

salvadormurena

Post by salvadormurena »

Each country are different normatives... For example, in Spain an Euro3 (yellow - B) or Euro4 (green - C) conversion to GLP, it converts to Hybrid (blue/green - ECO). There are many brands that sell conversion kit and they say it is Homologated to ECO, it means Hybrid... Only apply in Gasoline version, not diesel. I say it because this conversion not apply in 206 cc 1.6HDI sold in the last year.
Peugeot 206cc 2.0 S16 138CV

- multiplexed
- Euro3

MartinMax

Post by MartinMax »

Thankfully, my other car is EURO5, so in high pollution days I'll drive the 'fat' one...

On the conversion side, installing an LPG (Liquid Petrol Gas) system requires irreversible changes to the engine and about half the trunk. So that's a big nope there.
But if there is some alternative, like putting a better technology cat or something similar, I'd be interested.
2001 206cc 2.0 S16