Portal » Forum   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Portal » Forum 206CC Forums 206CC General

Rear camera & sensor question

Anything related to the 206CC

Rear camera & sensor question

Postby Mikeste » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:27 am

Good morning everyone,

Just looking for some advice on a set up.

I recently bought a rear plate with built in camera and sensors. All looks somewhat easy bar getting the wires into the boot. I thought the gap at the back where the plate is went in but it doesn't. I'm guessing the only real way is to drill a hole for the wires and feed the rest that way. Then I can tap into the reverse wire to power near the bulb or find the wire down the side maybe where the hatch is for struts etc.

Thanks in advance.

206cc Allure 1.6hdi.
Mikeste

Re: Rear camera & sensor question

Postby rhume » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:19 pm

Can you go in through the number plate light hole. That is what I have done in the past. Cut a groove in the light to give clearance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)
rhume

Postby Mikeste » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:49 pm

I did think that but I didn't want to expose the light and electrics to the elements.

I think I'll just drill through behind the plate and feed it in that way. I'll seal it to stop rust.
Mikeste

Postby MartinMax » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:38 pm

Hi Mikeste,

did you finish the install?

If you go behind the license plate you wil have to feed the wire all the way along the trunk opening mechanism. I'm thinking of installing something similar (sensors + camera) but in the bumper, should be easier.

Martin
---------------------------
2001 206cc 2.0 S16
Silver with matte black accents...
MartinMax

Return to 206CC General