urgent please, windows/roof

Anything related to the 206CC
soniafrance

urgent please, windows/roof

Post by soniafrance »

Hi All

Since we had the car the rear passenger window did not work, the motor made a noise as if the window was trying to close or open, it would then stop and correctly put all the other windows up or down in sequence and the roof worked fine. When the roof is down we could manually either push the rear passenger window up or down to have it in the correct place. We arrived home with the roof down and all the windows down, the rear passenger window having been pushed down manually. Now the roof will not go up, when the rear passenger motor starts it no longer stops, and it seems like it will not now move on the the front window, the front passenger window will not go up or down and the roof is now down and will not go up. Please help as it could rain tonight and we don/t have a garage!!
206 CC 2.0l 2003

soniafrance

Re: urgent please, windows/roof

Post by soniafrance »

quick extra question is there a way to close the roof manually without damaging the car?
206 CC 2.0l 2003

IanL

Post by IanL »

Yes, there is, the Roof Emergency Mode. It is described in the owner's handbook near the back, in the Practical Information section. If you don't have a copy, see it here. Make sure you have the language you require selected top right.

There are demonstrations on YouTube. They usually show a pull cord to release the parcel shelf mechanism, but later cars do not have a pull cord, and you have to push the mechanism with a tool. If you select the appropriate date bracket for your car, you will get the correct instructions in the manual.

I'm afraid I don't know how to overcome your window problem, but I expect you will have to remove the trim from the rear section interior to get at the mechanism. It may just need lubrication (use GT85 or other silicone spray) on the sliders and pulleys. If the mechanism has broken, there are replacement kits available on Ebay.

If you can get the windows up by hand, you can raise the roof under power, Again, the special procedure is in the handbook, in the last part of the Roof Emergency Mode.

soniafrance

Post by soniafrance »

Thank you Ian, I have looked at your link, I do not have the original allum key *in old post no wheel nut key either! I do have one that seems to fit but the first stage loosening the hydraulics its seems very stiff so i do not want to apply force and the second part to lower the parcel shelf seems impossible, there is a Litte hole that the key fits into but nothing happens. I am completely non mechanical so it will have to go to the garage. I am dreading it again as since getting the car I have spent 100 euros on new headlights for France, 350 on new tyres, another 350 on a pre mot, having the tyres fitted as no wheel nut key, headlights fitted. Then the ABS problem, new pump service and mot another 700 euros...a new sterio as well so 1500 spent so far and i have only done 1000KM I HAVE SEEN THE EMERGENCY WAY by holding down buttons then turning on ignition BUT it says that i then have to take it to a dealer.....if it is as i am sure just the back window not working...i took the panel off and retrieved a 30cm long peice of snapped cable...i am positive that this is what is now stopping the passenger front window from working and the roof as the motor on the rear window now runs too long where as before it thought it had done the job then moved onto the next window. I would prefer to leave the roof down, take it to get the rear window done then all should be fine,,i am thinking the emergency method might mean an expensive visit to the dealer,,,please let me know what you think....
206 CC 2.0l 2003

IanL

Post by IanL »

The reason I suggested the "windows up" procedure is because you said it was going to rain and you had no way to keep the car dry! When the book says to take the car to a dealer after doing the procedure, they mean to repair the original fault - the procedure will not create more damage or work.

Although there are inexpensive repair kits for your window problem on Ebay (eg here), I understand they are rather tricky to fit, so you may need professional help. I would avoid a Peugeot dealer because they may insist on fitting a new complete regulator (200-300 Euro, maybe more?). Why not buy the kit and take it to a small garage "round the corner" to fit it? They may need to open up the other side to see how it all fits together.

soniafrance

Post by soniafrance »

Thank you Ian, she is under a tarp at the moment, I found the repair kit on Amazon and the seller has kindly sped up the delivery so it should be here by tomorrow, 20 euros including delivery. When I have the peice I am going to the garage...I tried the holding the window button down and ignition to M as described in the manual but nothing happens....thanks again.
206 CC 2.0l 2003

IanL

Post by IanL »

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

soniafrance

Post by soniafrance »

Hi All

The part arrived the day after my last post. The Garage could only take the car the following Tuesday. I took the car and showed him the peice. I explained the roof should work when the window was fixed, after 2 days of silence I called and turns out that the apprentice dropped the window and smashed it!

Picked the car up yesterday after a week, they replaced it with a second hand one, all working fine, 2 hours labour, 100 euros plus 20 for the piece , Roof working fine.

Thanks for all your help.
206 CC 2.0l 2003

IanL

Post by IanL »

:thumbs: