What model number of spark pugs is it 206cc 1.6

Anything related to the 206CC
blackpool1980

What model number of spark pugs is it 206cc 1.6

Post by blackpool1980 »

Hi just bought a 206 cc 1.6 in france my french is poor and looking yo service it not sure what type and what number on the spark plugs it needs

IanL

Re: What model number of spark pugs is it 206cc 1.6

Post by IanL »

Mine are Bosch FR8 SC+

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

blackpool1980

Post by blackpool1980 »

Thank you for the help now ordered

rhume

Post by rhume »

Sorry to jump on the thread with my ramblings.

When I bought our 206cc last August. I asked my garage to service it and check it over. They could not change the plugs as one of the torx bolts was chewed up and seized in (Hmmm!!). I had to drill it out last week and got some Bosch Super 4 plugs which I have just fitted.

When taking the old plugs out they seemed very easy to undo. When I put the new ones in they were set to 28nm with a torque wrench and when trying to remove them with a T wrench they were a lot firmer in.

The old plugs seem OK with brown dusty deposit on the electrode etc but the threads seem to have a lot of rubbish up them.

The car always seemed to a bit slow on the pickup but now seems much quicker. Could this be the case and could I have been loosing a bit of compression at the plugs?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

IanL

Post by IanL »

Wouldn't the leaking gas have blown out the crud? Now if you had done a compression test before and after.... :D

2nd thoughts - looking at the pics, it seems that, on 3 plugs, some of the thread length are clean and bright, perhaps not so with the 4th plug. Also, bear in mind that the sealing principally comes from the compression of the washer between plug and head. At a guess, the problem was a poor seal on the 4th plug.

The looser thread may be the difference between NGK and Bosch. Maybe that's why Bosch are recommended for Peugeots?

rhume

Post by rhume »

Ye!p If I had the compression tester I would have done it whilst the plugs were out (would have been rude not to). Although not sure I would have wanted anything other than good news.

Based on how easy the plugs were to remove I suspect that on at least one cylinder the plug was not compressing the washer properly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

The looser thread may be the difference between NGK and Bosch. Maybe that's why Bosch are recommended for Peugeots?
No it's the NGK resistor ... it interferes with some makes of coil pack. :(

It's odd. NGK also make lambda sensor (NTK brand) and the resistance value of those is wrong for many cars .... ??? Common theme here ... ???
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo