Locked out of boot

All your other probs if any.
sa006

Locked out of boot

Post by sa006 »

HI happy news years and all that to you all.

I am in desperate help with a cheap 206cc i picked up. i have an issue that i hoping someone can give me help to.
In a nut shell i am unable to access the boot and need to know if it possible to force the lock open form the outside of inside the car. here are issues i am facing

- the boot lock barrel is missing, yep so there is no lock and the brackets broke. (currently in the glovebox)
- the boot is not flush when the roof went up
- the white hooks were set to manual and the boot was closed by accident when trying to sort the roof. so now roof will not work

i am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction of getting access to the boot so i can install a new lock, and set the white hooks back to auto.

In the meantime can you also advise which fuse controls the beeping noise when you drive as i know its related to the roof not being closed properly at the back (boot lid)

thanks in advance.

Capncol

Re: Locked out of boot

Post by Capncol »

This has come up a few times. A search should find the "how to"
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

IanL

Post by IanL »

If the lock barrel is missing, I would think you could get a tool (wire coat hangar bent to suit) in through the hole to trip the latch mechanism.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

If it is still attached! But even then it's just a bent rod and will probably have dropped to the bottom of the boot. If the lock is in the glovebox, then that rod is probably unhooked too!

The hole in the boot latch trigger arm is not very big either so finding it would be a real "fishing" game ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

You might need to line up a replacement boot lid. If I remember getting into one locked is not easy. I don't even think you can get through via rear seat as panel is solid. But good luck!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

IanL

Post by IanL »

A new boot lid is a bit drastic. I'd suggest splashing out a few quid on an android endoscope first, to have a look through the hole.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Knowing the fun I had when the operating rod came out of the back of the lock getting in without the lock to push in and probably the rod to operate it will not be easy. On ours the operating rod didn't detach but bent and pushed through the operating arm so it just slid up and down.

There is very little room between boot and boot lid liner and the hole in the catch to pull on the lock is small. With an endoscope through the lock hole, there will be little room to manoeuvre any else to try to operate the catch.