fuel hi-pressure lost 1.4 diesel

Anything related to the 206CC
albouy

fuel hi-pressure lost 1.4 diesel

Post by albouy »

new 'desperate' member. Hello. I am having serious problems with my 206 1.4 diesel engine. it does not start. the symptom was a dead stop...two judders and complete stop! Peugeot garage (after 10 days) got it started, it lasted one week and then juddered to the same stop! History: Timing has not been touched. New fuel pressure pump fitted. saw air in clear fuel lines so i fitted new lines and filter. To eliminate fueltank i used a close remote tank direct to new pipes. There are 'foamy' air bubbles in the return pipe. Tried by-passing the filter..still the same. There is no bleed nipple?? Next, i opened the hi-pressure pump feed to injectors and turned over the engine...just a dribble! i expected some hi-pressure diesel from this point?? Is the pump at fault or does it not have fuel to deliver? Have i not bled the system not bled properly? I ask members to consider my predicament and help me to find a solution(s)...I would l appreciate any direction/guidance you could give..Thanks, Alan

vin no; VF32E8HZA47523216.....BUILT 2006...1.4 DIESEL hdi...
Last edited by albouy on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gazza82

Re: fuel hi-pressure lost 1.4 diesel

Post by gazza82 »

None of the CC versions was fitted with the 1.4 hdi so not well known here. Try the forum on 206info.co.uk or peugeotforums.com

Any error light on dash? Have you tried reading ecu for error codes using a Peugeot compatible diagnostic or is you garage guessing and suggesting throwing parts at it?
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

OK. Foam / air in return lines are not necessarily too serious.
You need to check Fuel pressure & pressure regulator first, this can be done with diagnostics on live data. Next check injector leak off. If this is excessive it can cause air in the return
HP pump is high pressure low / volume. If you have an electric lift pump, make sure that is working.
Good luck
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

albouy

Post by albouy »

Hi, thanks for your good info. Dash lights normal. The garage experience was not good! I am looking at buying a bit of kit on ebay called ...FULL Chip Lexia 3 PP2000 for Citroen/Peugeot Diagnostic tool with Diagbox V M8J0
Thanks again, Alan

albouy

Post by albouy »

To Capncol: Good info starting to be a bit more positive, thanks again, Alan

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Before you go buying that kit, The other stuff I suggested can be tried first. Some need special tooling , some doesn't.
Check the stuff you can first such as elec pump if fitted. Leak off can be checked with bits of hose into clear bottles like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbQhKjj6jis If you have a bad injector, you will get a lot more leak off from it, which will lower the rail pressure
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.