Cracked sump. Help?

Anything related to the 206CC
goltho

Cracked sump. Help?

Post by goltho »

Wifey thought she could drive straight out of her parking spot in the co-op car park this morning, so off she went. Would've been fine except for the high kerb surrounding a piece of footpath in front of her which she omitted to see, so the result was predictable. The sump is well and truly cracked and the co-op car park looked lovely with slidy oily rainbows spreading their joy in the pouring rain. :?

Car is a March 2005 2.0 S16 petrol (so alloy). Can anyone please confirm the OEM sump part number as I"m having a little difficulty discerning the correct part.

Thanks.
Jan 2004 (53) 206cc/1.6L Allure/83k/black

gazza82

Re: Cracked sump. Help?

Post by gazza82 »

On our old 2001 2.0 the part number is 0301 J5 ... looks like they are all the same regardless of age.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

goltho

Post by goltho »

Thanks for that. I've got it down to 0301 J5 too after more digging. The engine's an EW10J4/RFN/S16 and this sump fits the description as far as I can ascertain.

Anyone changed one on the CC? It has various things attached including aircon compressor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IanL

Post by IanL »

If you want it straight from the horse's mouth (i.e. Peugeot Service Box), post the last eight digits of your VIN.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

You might also want to ask on 206info.co.uk ... there are a lot more GTI's on there which several used in motor-sport/track-days and they are likely to suffer the same fate occasionally!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

IanL wrote:If you want it straight from the horse's mouth (i.e. Peugeot Service Box), post the last eight digits of your VIN.
I got the part number off ServiceBox .. first using our old CC 2.0 VIN then checked without any and only one part number is shown. No revisions, etc

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

You could get the old one welded,
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

goltho

Post by goltho »

IanL wrote:If you want it straight from the horse's mouth (i.e. Peugeot Service Box), post the last eight digits of your VIN.
Thanks. It's 44255364. I've registered for a persona Peugeot Service Box account but I get no access to anything. I also tried again with a second Assistance and First Aid account as I'm ex-law enforcement but that takes me to a range of Citroen cars! I'm clearly erroring. All I really would like would be access to my vehicle details - won't want to order parts.

Thanks for the other suggestions too. :thumbs:
Last edited by goltho on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Like I said .. with your VIN no ..
sump.jpg
There is only one part listed for the 2.0 138bhp engine regardless of age/VIN/etc

I struggled to get access to ServiceBox for a while .. they have altered something as I can login but immediately get an error message (in French!) but I just clck on 'back' option and voilá ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

goltho

Post by goltho »

Thanks Gazza, that does confirm it. What registration category did you choose?

IanL

Post by IanL »

Register as an independent garagiste.