206cc clutch replacement

Anything related to the 206CC
Tazzie

206cc clutch replacement

Post by Tazzie »

Hi i am a danzel in distress. My clutch decided to go and left me stuck on the roundabout as a non starter.
Managed to get towed home. And have since learned the flywheel or something has seized. I want to purchase the clutch and get a guy to fix it if i can find someone as im looking at £500 its either that or i may try to do myself rather than my s**t head of an ex getting envolved and conning the ass off me. Or can someone tell me who might take it for a descent price. Ive had her a year and i love my car very much. I paid £1100 for her and she is clean but now because its been in the carpark a while someone cracked window screen and dented my passenger door. Im having a melt down some one please just want advise x

IanL

Re: 206cc clutch replacement

Post by IanL »

Changing the clutch is a big job. First the front wheels and driveshafts have to be removed (amongst other things) and then the gearbox must be removed. The job is best done on a lift.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

It would also help if we knew roughly where you were ... recommending a garage 200 miles away isn't a great help to you ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Whatever you do- avoid mr clutch.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Hi,
was curious to why Mr Clutch was not recommended.
Got a quote:
206.png
Didn't seem bad, So asked for one for the Spitfire:
spitfire.png
Do they replace the clutch on an auto box? Spitfire with an auto?
Best avoid.
Cheers,
Iain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peugeot 206 CC 2L 16V 4cyl 2002. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 80% LED. 5% HID.
Triumph GT6 CC 2L5 12V 6Cyl 1972. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 98% LED.
G6SBH.
Siemens Controls & SW Engineer.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Mr Clutch reviews
There are many more on the web
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.