Will these items work?

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
DankDeathPunch

Will these items work?

Post by DankDeathPunch »

Hello everyone, quick question from a audio noob.

I am looking to upgrade my audio device in my 2003 206cc model and i got a bit confused since it wasn't just to plug it in and go...

So i have been looking around and i think i have what i need but i want to make sure it is correct so i hope someone here can help med clarify it.

First i found this part: https://d11tezxtmr089.cloudfront.net/im ... 40x840.jpg

Just the cable on the picture.

Then i was looking at a kenwood stereo, basic aux / usb one with 4x50 mosfett. (modell: KMM-104RY)
And i lead adapter for the kenwoods. ( https://www.brl.se/bilder/artiklar/701C ... DLEAD2.jpg )

Do i need to add anything else? Also, do i need a mounting frame to get it fitted nicely in the 2003 modell?
( example pic of frame: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/25057503 ... -l1000.jpg )

Thanks in advance!

IanL

Re: Will these items work?

Post by IanL »

I don't have any experience of this, but just a word of caution. I understand that most, if not all, substitutions of the radio will not permit any relevant data on the multi-function display.

Also, I recollect seeing an option in PP2000 relevant to the fitting of a 3rd party radio, so you may have to use PP2000 to get it working.

DankDeathPunch

Post by DankDeathPunch »

I have heard the same thing, but i have not seen too much info about it... i wonder what info you loose on the display. I saw one video of a guy changing the stereo in a 2004 modell without any issues, at least nothing he mentioned.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Yes those parts should be fine. No you shouldn't need a frame to make it look good. The info on the mfd depends on what stereo you had from the factory... lower units had no integral display and so put all their radio station/ track number info on the mfd. You will lose this but it should still give you all your obc data such as range remaining, outside temp etc.
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

DankDeathPunch

Post by DankDeathPunch »

Rubyoptics wrote:Yes those parts should be fine. No you shouldn't need a frame to make it look good. The info on the mfd depends on what stereo you had from the factory... lower units had no integral display and so put all their radio station/ track number info on the mfd. You will lose this but it should still give you all your obc data such as range remaining, outside temp etc.
Thanks for the info! Ordered it the other day so hopefully i will soon have it installed!

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

IanL wrote:I don't have any experience of this, but just a word of caution. I understand that most, if not all, substitutions of the radio will not permit any relevant data on the multi-function display.
It should all still work apart from the radio related display. The later cars had headunits with no display so it need that MFD unit. That will now be in the new radio.

I haven't changed a later one but I swapped out the CD eating Pug unit from my daughters old 2001 CC and it was dead easy. I just had to swap a red and yellow cable to keep the station memory alive. Even that was part of the Sony kit .. an adapter cable. We didn't bother with the remote stalk .. it was generally used with an MP3 USB stick.

IanL wrote:Also, I recollect seeing an option in PP2000 relevant to the fitting of a 3rd party radio, so you may have to use PP2000 to get it working.
On later cars the radio is coded to the BSI (early ones had their own code) .. so if you take it out it thinks it has been stolen. I think it "bleeps" at you .. which I guess could be pretty annoying. You need PP2000 to remove it from the BSI config.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo