Power Steering Leak

Anything related to the 206CC
jramsden1

Power Steering Leak

Post by jramsden1 »

Thought I'd do a test and put some spamspam roll on the power steering fluid sensor and bracket where I found most fluid and not exactly sure what my results mean.
20180515_141913.jpg
The blue pressure sensor seems to be the primary cause, overnight leaving this (the blotch in the middle):
20180523_185101.jpg
However the black bracket underneath also let out a bit of residue I think:
20180523_185118.jpg
I guess it could have dripped through, but doesn't seem like it to me. Presumably even any weeping like this is an MOT fail. Are these brackets known for leaking. Is it simply a job of switching them for a new bracket, and if so - any idea where I can get the same kind?

Thanks for any help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gazza82

Re: Power Steering Leak

Post by gazza82 »

The black plastic supports? They simply hold the pipes apart .. it's going to be behind that and the actual pipe I would guess.

They are likely to be fairly PSA specific so a dealer might be the first stop
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

Whilst changing ancillary drive belt on my 206cc (tu5jp4 engine) I noticed red fluid on parts of engine beneath the power steering pump. Anyone know where I should start to find the culprit??? I could live in hope and discover just a seal. The steering pump was empty. I just seem to find more and more things that are putting of my first drive.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Clean the area thoroughly so no fluid leeching from elsewhere.
Puff some talc around the area. Your leak will stain the talc (which can be washed off when finished with)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

Thanks for that. I have taken the pump out and found the leak is from the reservoir. I have repaied it with rapid fix glue. Its been a week since the repair and to date no leak.