Fuel Filter

Anything related to the 206CC
George 206cc

Fuel Filter

Post by George 206cc »

I thought I'd post my recent experience of changing my fuel filter. Couldn't find a guide or anything like that or here already so I thought I'd write one.

First, I pulled the fuse for the fuel pump. This fuse also does the purge valve (canister solenoid valve). Then, I cranked the engine for a few seconds. This is to balance the pressure in the fuel line so it doesn't make a mess later. Then, jacked the car up to see what I was doing a bit easier. The fuel filter is the other side of a metal rod. I didn't bother removing the rod, I just worked round it. Pulled off the fuel lines by squeezing the two tabs of each end and pulling off. Some fuel dripped but nothing too much for a couple sheets of spamspam-roll-tissue and a few sheets of newspaper. I then put these 2 end covers from the new filter over the ends of the old filter as this was still dripping a bit. I used a flat head screwdriver to 'persuade' the fuel lines off and also to bend two other plastic clips of the holder for the fuel filter. I then slid the fuel filter sideways out of the holder. Then I put in the new filter the opposite way to how I removed the old one. The fuel lines click tightly onto the ends of the filter and the filter clicks into the holder. I put the fuse back and turned the car on but not fully, just to the on position. This runs the fuel pump to fill the filter and build some pressure. Did that a couple times then started the engine fully. Then, uh oh, anti pollution fault... This only came up because I cranked the engine with that fuse disconnected. With the engine running, I checked for leaks. All good. Later, I went for a drive and eventually the fault cleared itself.

Hope this post can help someone change their fuel filter or at least be of interest. Any questions, I'll do my best to help.

George

Fihen

Re: Fuel Filter

Post by Fihen »

Thanks for that as I am about to change the fuel filter myself. Your post will help considerably