Rear Bulb Function

Anything related to the 206CC
Rubyoptics

Rear Bulb Function

Post by Rubyoptics »

Hi all, quick question if i may. I just changed my rear lights to something a bit more modern looking and i'm blown away by the appearance (i'll get some photos later if the weather stays nice). I have a small problem though...during a quick function test, all the bulbs bar one are working. The rear lights themselves (activated with the headlights) work fine, brake lights work fine, both indicators work fine, when i shift into reverse though, only the right hand side bulb lights up. The bulb in this position on the left of the car seems to serve no purpose whatsoever. On the standard '03 rear lights, should both side illuminate when reversing as for the life of me i can't remember! Many thanks as always!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

gazza82

Re: Rear Bulb Function

Post by gazza82 »

Yes, both reverse lights work on standard rear light units.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

In the UK you quite often get fog light on the right, and reverse on the left which is the min legal requirement. If you have aftermarket lights, this may be the case, only they would be the other way round on LHD cars (e.g. Fog on left, reverse on right.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Thanks for replying as usual Col. Seems i jumped the gun on this one though. After writing the post i realised that in my excitement over the new lights I hadn't checked the actual bulb to see if it was good or not. Lo and behold, duff bulb! By strange co-incidence I also lost my front right headlight (of course it would have to be the bloody right hand one!) so am now trawling through here checking what bulb i need for that!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

H7 if the crystal dual-bulb. H4 if single bulbs.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Thanks Gazza. I found the extremely helpful bulb listing post on 206info which listed all the bulbs used. I don't suppose anyone has any experience of the Philips range of ultra-white or extreme range of bulbs? Are they worth the extra outlay?

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

I think I used the Philips Extreme in my daughter's 206CC .. I tend to go with theirs as they tend to last longer. Get mine normally through powerbulbs ..