Roof problems please help

All your roof problems here.
Bumble85

Roof problems please help

Post by Bumble85 »

Hi just needing some help please. My roof was working in perfect order until I decided to clean the interior and left the roof half open with engine turned off. I now know I shouldn't of done this but my partner without looking at the handbook decided to force the roof down since then we managed to manually put it up with endless videos from YouTube now when I try to operate the roof the windows will go down I heard a noice like it wants to work but then it starts beeping and will not go any further. We have checked the hydrologic fluid levels and there are as the should be.when I rang the garage they have said i probley need to realitionlize the roof. But unfortunately I don't have the money to do it right now and the nice weather is due next week.
Anyone had similar problems!!!! Please help!!

IanL

Re: Roof problems please help

Post by IanL »

It may be that the garage is right. I think that involves connecting Peugeot Planet 2000 to the car and clearing any faults in the roof system. Provided there is no hardware problem, that should sort it out. There is no alternative method for doing this. Depending where you are, this may help.

If there is a hardware problem, I would look at the "parcel shelf/moving rear shelf" first. The various switches are shown here.

Bumble85

Post by Bumble85 »

Some one told me to put the roof down and up again manually and that should help we can put it up but when we try to put down the boot don't click right ??

IanL

Post by IanL »

When you tried to close the boot lid, did you have the little white latches in the right place?

Bumble85

Post by Bumble85 »

First time ... No as we didn't know about it at all ... thank you for yours time really appreciate it

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Also search on here for slos relay trick
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

pom46

Post by pom46 »

hi , thought I might share my experience of the roof issue I had today .roof has been leaking like a sieve on the rear corners for weeks so first nice day we have had I thought lets have a go at fixing ,roof seals are about as rare as hens teeth so fix what we have was my only option . well opened the roof midway as I have always done when I have been looking at the seal arrangement left the engine running fixed both corners after I realized the seal was hard and not gripping the body just forward of the roof /rear windscreen join. I used Sikaflex between the rubber and the body all seemed well until I went to put the roof back on , the damned thing was static …..first time ever ! my wife has had this car 11 years and never had a problem with the roof .

carried out the manual option to get it down then back up ,and yes the little white clips were in the right place, still only got the constant beep when the fastening clips were undone inside no windows winding down ! multi meter out and checked all the micro switches … all working checked the routing of all the cables none kinked or trapped ,checked the hydraulic pump for correct level of fluid ..bang on ,no hoses split either .???????? even went on old google to see if any microswitches were hidden near where I carried out the repairs
[4 hours later ]
had a cup of coffee and sat looking at it

then I remembered something that happened a long time ago , jumped in the car and drove to the nearest fuel garage , parked on level ground opened and closed the boot 3 times manually .

result the roof works perfectly ! it needs to be perfectly level to sit square to the body my drive has a very slight incline .technology is a wonderful thing but hey a slight incline causes this !!!

live n learn

IanL

Post by IanL »

Yes, a similar thing happened to me once. I was on very uneven ground and trying to put the roof up. The mechanism worked, but I could not close the roof latches.

I think in that case the body was distorted by unequal support on all four wheels. You wouldn't think a simple slope would have a similar effect, but maybe it does.

joesulli789

Post by joesulli789 »

I want to fold my roof manually,i looked in the owners manual,and it says to use the allen key to release pressure on hydraulic system done that,then it shows u to insert allen key in hole to release parecel shelf,my car has no toggle to pull out,this is where it gets confusing when u insert allen key in hole to release shelf to fold down,where does it go it is very confusing are u pushing it in to release a piston or something,owners manual does not explain it very well,thanks

IanL

Post by IanL »

People who have succeeded with this say the thing to push is the metal piece with a slot in it, like a screw head, which is visible when you look into the hole. A screwdriver, rather than the Allen key, was recommended. Apparently, you push down as well as inwards.

Let is know how you get on.